Dually weight loss program V1.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carli'd6.7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dually weight loss program V1.0

So I finally got around to messing with the dually a little bit today with the help of SPE and The good fella's at diesel power products who were nice enough to track down a couple random things and overnight them to me.

1st off I took off every shield and plate under the truck including pretty much everything you pay for in the FX4 package
2nd the steps , I really thought I was going to leave them on this time but oh well they came off.
3rd Flow-Pro test pipe , literally just bolts up to the existing tail pipe section which is exactly what I was going for because I really like the factory chrome tips of the Lariat with the chrome package.
4th The DEF tank ........

Honestly I thought the straight pipe with the factory tail pipe with the tiny tiny muffler in the axle over section was going to be very loud but it is extremely conservative and gives a very subtle rumble at idle for only spending 250 on an exhaust it is absolutely exceptional .

Now as for the tune .......
I spoke with Dan today because I want a tranny tune that doesn't suck , he already has my engine file down to a science and its always been me favorite engine file , fastest NO gearhead was wayyyyy faster but favorite all around hell yea . What he did with my tranny file was nothing short of magic he told me he has been working on a Heavy Tow HD trans file and a few people have tried it an loved it. It is the perfect blend of rocket ship and tug boat which I think literally eliminates the need for TOW/HAUL. It has 3rd gear lock up and hold all the gears REAAAALLLLLLYYYY long I mean 1850-2100. No more 3rd gear in parking lots no more cruising at 45 in 6th gear at 900 RPM. It is an absolute beast and if you fall below 1400 or so while cruising it kicks down and gets you rite back in the powerband. It is fantastic.

Last edited by Carli'd6.7; 06-25-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 PM

PS I realize this may be better suited for the performance section but I think there are a lot of people who are on the fence about deleting that don't necessarily look at the performance section so I wanted to share in the general discussion so everyone can read up on the different ways and possibilities that go along with improving the overall reliability and longevity of your 6.7
"Stroker 8" likes this.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:22 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How much weight do you think was shed on this program? Your truck looks naked under there...

I say everything is welcome in the general discussion. A wheel and tire question in the interior discussion, not so much.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:57 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm going to have to stop reading your threads because you are making me miss my dually.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
How much weight do you think was shed on this program? Your truck looks naked under there....
Honestly I think it probably dropped 350-400 lbs Hahaha it went from Sumo to heavy weight that tune is awesome I was going to leave it stock for a while but I towed heavy for the first time on Monday with it and I was massively dissapointed especially since as far as towing goes this is suppose to be as good as it gets since it has the max tow package . So the delete plans got rushed and now my mind is on modding .......... Again .........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.