Is a 2011 6.7 worth it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IronCobra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is a 2011 6.7 worth it?

Right now I have a 6.4, spartan tuned with deletes, and I am considering selling it. There is a 2011 6.7 that I am interested in that has 92,000 miles. I don't think I will be tuning or deleting this truck if I get it. Is it worth getting this truck? I am a little bit hesitant because of the horror stories I have read about the early build date 6.7's failing. Is the valve issues and turbo issues really something to worry about? Or am I just being paranoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 04:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The 11 will need a turbo sooner or later for sure, you'd be better off to delete it, why not
Old 06-25-2014, 05:37 AM

I bet you can find one with lower miles, but there are plenty on 11s running around doing just fine at that mileage. Just because you read a cupple bad luck stories doesn't mean ALL them are bad, they sold really well so take that into considerations ( there's a lot of them ) not to mention that 6 speed is nice, you will love that deep 1st gear when pulling a good load. Then there's the locker assuming it has it, witch is my personal favorite. Good luck
Old 06-25-2014, 05:58 AM

Cheap ^^^^ is right, I agree
Old 06-25-2014, 07:27 PM

My 11 has been great. Just deleted it and had been a solid truck. Has 60000km so roughly 40000 miles ish and only been to the dealer once for a faulty injector retaining clip
Old 06-26-2014, 11:37 AM

Weren't there something like 250,000 6.7s sold in 2011? You would be hard pressed to find maybe a few dozen that have complained about early failure of the turbo, and then find even fewer that can prove it wasn't from some mod or just bad driving practices.

So, after searching for all the threads related to problems and finding perhaps 12-15 legitimate turbo failing issues, I'm pretty sure the percentage of overall turbo failures is around .002%

Pretty good odds that you'll find a good truck.

Considering DHS has over 16,000 in their fleet, US DOD has over 80,000 in their, and Local State First Responders have over 100,000 in theirs....you can probably buy the truck and be pretty happy.

I love mine.
Cheap6.7 likes this.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:57 PM

I went on vacation last week and left my truck at the mechanic and they went through it all and renewed fluids, new engine belt, shocks, brakes. Runs better than new.
Long haulers are running many of them.
Buy it.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Not sure were you are but we just took one in on trade,2011 F350 CC lar platinum white. only has 27000. It is in Caro Michigan at Moore motors. I think they want like 40 ish for it, clean truck..
Old 06-28-2014, 07:53 AM

i wouldnt worry about an 11 i have a early build may/10 with 340,000km on it and it has been the best truck i have ever owned. Bone stock 18-19 mpg
only parts ever replaced
1 rad and 2 exhaust sensors
some breaks and tires aswell,
i too came from a deleted 6.4, at first you will miss the power, but everything about how the 6.7's ride and drive are far superior, dont regret the move 1 bit.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My 2011 6.7 is the first diesel that I've owned. Ever. It came to me with 38000 miles on it, and I was looking for a low mileage unit. There was quite a bit that the dealership added, but there are no deletes, and I don't intend to do any. While I'm not seeing the 18-19mpg as another member posted, I'm still exceptionally happy with my purchase.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't hesitate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.