New 2015 F250 owner! Reports coming. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 2015 F250 owner! Reports coming.

Hey folks. Proud to announce my new 15' platinum.

Less than 500 miles though very satisfied with power, economy, etc etc. this truck is a dream, quiet, strong, bad a$$.

So far mpg tough to avg, still on dealer tank! However intestate at 70 mph in central nc is spitting about 18/19 mpg. 75 mph is showing 17/18. In town many stop lights I'm seeing about 13/14. Country roads about 19/20 mpg.

20ft flatbed empty, in town 12/13 mpg. 14ftx6.5ft enclosed xtra high trailer at 70 mph at about 14/15 mpg. After break in ill hook up to some more serious weight and report...

65 mph interstate here locally with light rolling hills (most folks do 75mph) 100/200 ft inclines declines. Avg 80 degrees with around 70/80% humidity. Traffic is medium but fast flowing, so there are some breaks in wind resistance.

Power, in comparison to my old 2008 f250, wow! I am having a love affair. I have not leaned all the way down on the go pedal, though I'm a slight bit concerned for the integrity of my tires when I do!

I'll be running the coast, piedmont, and mountains of nc loaded and empty. Check in for more reports!

This is a short intro, though hope you guys find it interesting.

Tech detail.. 2015, 6.7l, 3.55 rear, 275/65/20 (34.1" tall).
Dougstdig likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to chrispy243 For This Useful Post:
Dougstdig (07-25-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Congrats.. do a 50mph to 80mph run with the pedal down and hold on tight. This truck pulls like a freight train on the highway.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 PM

Congrats on the new rig! Let us know how it goes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Still in the break in period, though the wife wanted to see what the diff in the last 08' was and the new 860lbs of torque for 15', so i kinda punched it on the way to dinner. She broke traction at 50% throttle and shot through the mph gauge like the devil! Wife's mouth was wide open and eyes shocked. If it were only always that easy! I love this beast!

blwnsmoke, you weren't kidding. I haven't seen that type of acceleration since my wife's old bimmer. I always thought a 4ton truck would keep my lack of self control at bay, I believe I will have to start looking for smokey's again!
Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

230 mile trip from Piedmont nc to the coast. Rolling hills for 1/4th the trip at first then mostly flat highway. 85-90 deg. With a little rain at the end so very high humidity.. 75 mph most of the way with a few bursts of fun! Altitude in Piedmont is 600 ft MSL. Total trip avg mpg was 16.4. Though this figures in 1 spell of b.s. Dpf Self clean. Which as far as I can tell lasted about 20 min.... (U guys think it could have gone that long?). Mpg before the regen was about 17.8. Regen mpg dropped to about 12mpg during process. These are all lieometer #'s. So far they have been very close to hand calc.

Btw for what it's worth to you guys, had to get the truck tires balanced yesterday (with only 500 miles on the odo). ford must have fallen asleep when they balanced my tires at the factory. They were WAY OFF! Now she rides like a dream.

very seriously considering deleting and removing. This was truck was not bought for mpg or efficiency, but honestly I can't stand being waisteful and blowing out good fuel for no $&?$&? Reason!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 PM

Thx for the feedback Chris
Old 07-10-2014, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Update: Made it back from the coast last week before the hurricane! Interesting results. 230 miles from coast to piedmont, uphill only 600 ft the whole way. I averaged 18.5 mpg the whole trip. Basically an exact reverse of the trip down. No Regen this time. Driving 72/73 mph getting about 19 mpg instant. driving 75mph seems about 18.5, and at 80 mph, I am getting right at 18/18.2 instant. She is still stock so far engine wise. filled up at the pump, 12.5 gallons, 232 miles on the ticker. Not bad for running 75/80 a good part of the trip!

Second Note, swapped out the headlights for the new LED headlight. They are crap in the original housing. Go with HID's or retro housing. These were not a cheap bulb either. Bought the LED's that come with it's own ballast (whatever it is), and wiring harness.. Color is nice, I honestly think the stock bulbs are brighter. Problem with the housing is, the new LED light will not "focus" the light properly and does not give you the concentric point you would get from at 360 deg. style bulb.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:08 AM

Good to know about the LED bulbs. I though about getting some, but I think I will hold off for now since the stock ones seem to be better.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A little aver a month and she is still running great! Not much improvement on fuel consumption. Though I must say I am very happy with where it is now.

Ive noticed that by enjoying the acceleration, when I put my foot into it a time or two, the regen cycle is triggered MUCH sooner than with grampa driving. Duh, but seriously I had a regen kick it with little more than 200 miles ticking since last cycle. Also pulled a 20ft flat bed with skid steer loaded for a bit.. Went through a very narrow spanned regen cycle again.. What do you guys think of this? My thoughts were that she should be able to run 400+ miles in between cycles. My 08, seemed to do it when err the *%& it felt like it.. With this crap that dpf is bye bye baby very soon. Me thinks Ford must be investing in the aftermarket exhaust industry.. Ha!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:42 AM
Premium Member

My 2014 regens just about every 200 miles with country driving (grandpa style). Sooner pulling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.