Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking for Info on 2015 King Ranch Interior

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  RJC2 
#1 ·
There isn't a dealer within 100 miles of me that has a 2015 King Ranch...........so I'd like to ask those of you who have one how the leather compares to the 2011-2014 King Ranch trucks?

I have a 2013 Platinum and so far I'm not that impressed with the quality of the leather. The 2014 King Ranch that I looked at appears to be the same leather as my Platinum, only a different color.

Any help from someone who actually owns a 2015 or has been in one, is appreciated!

#2 ·
What exactly are you looking for? I sat in one back in May when I picked up my Platinum. To me it seems like a tougher/stiffer leather then what is in the Platinum. The brown is a nice brown and the snake symbol on the armrest looks orange in the pictures but it isn't orange. It's a very dull color so it blends in nicely.

Also, here is a member on TDS that just picked up his KR that has pics for you.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f153/nav-not-nav-kr-question-438785/

#8 ·
I sat in one back in May when I picked up my Platinum. To me it seems like a tougher/stiffer leather then what is in the Platinum. The brown is a nice brown and the snake symbol on the armrest looks orange in the pictures but it isn't orange. It's a very dull color so it blends in nicely.
I've heard a couple of guys comment that the leather on the KRs is of better quality than the regular Ford interiors.
This is the kind of feedback I was looking for....Thanks!

#3 ·
I've heard a couple of guys comment that the leather on the KRs is of better quality than the regular Ford interiors. I've always had good luck with my Ford leather since I've used Lexol cleaner & conditioner on them. Before that I had problems with cracking and wear areas loosing color.

#4 ·
The platinum leather is very soft to the touch. I'm starting to get creases on the driver seat though. I should condition more often. I plan on going to the dealership one day to test drive a 2015 with no intent on purchasing whatsoever. I want to try flooring the pedal all the way as I enter onto the freeway.

#7 ·
I'm just afraid its going to be another story like Carli'd6.7. "Well guess what, I stopped by the dealership today and, Bla, Bla, Bla,....and here's my new truck." And don't even say it couldn't happen Dan!

#9 ·
I am one week into my 2015 Platinum. The leather is remarkably soft. IMHO, the 15' platinum leather is more like a rare italian couch, and the 15' KR was more like a well worn "but polished" ball glove.. Both nice, though the Plat. was sooooo nice! KR is a little stiffer and polished looking, Plat. is slightly more pliable and velvet-ish. Hope this helps

Reactions: Truckmaniac
G
#10 ·
2015 KR

I have had my 2015 King Ranch for a couple weeks now, I love it. I always thought the King Ranch leather was cheesy looking but couldn't resist the 2015. Is gorgeous, I got the black trim and it accents it perfectly. The darker tone with the burnt orange stitching is sharp. The leather feels much better and softer than the Lariat leather. The Platinum leather is great as well but I couldn't pass up the new KR and I came from a Platinum F150 and wanted something different. The new Caribou is great as well, much more high end looking.

If you want any specific pictures let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.