So what's the real issue here. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dantron
  • 1 Post By blwnsmoke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 04:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So what's the real issue here.

I have a F250 that's been sitting on the lot in Kentucky for over 30 days waiting to be shipped down South. Now I've heard all kinds of stories from the hard winter caused a major back log, the shippers are holding out for more money, there is a shortage of rail cars, or there are giving priority to deliveries up North. So what is the real issue here? Shouldn't trucks that a marked as sold be given priority? You can't say its out of Ford's hands because it's at the shipper's location. Ford has hired and we have paid the shipping cost to get our trucks delivered so there are no excuses here. To the shipper, you've been paid to do a job now do it. Come on Ford! Lets give the customer what they have paid for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014, 04:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I feel for you. I have had similar problems Read my plight at link below.

Oh where, oh where can it be? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 AM

I am sorry that your wait is so long. I work in the transportation/ distribution industry and there could be a billion different reasons. I would just stay on your dealers case and make them find out some info! Good luck.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:31 AM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Fly out there and drive it home! Haha. You wouldn't be the first person to do it...
Heavy_GD and kennyketten like this.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmelvin View Post
I am sorry that your wait is so long. I work in the transportation/ distribution industry and there could be a billion different reasons. I would just stay on your dealers case and make them find out some info! Good luck.
Ross, the problem I ran into is the dealer knows about as much about it as I was able to find out with calls. Even Ford Customer Service for region didn't know anything other than what computer showed. The key to this is Ford should be able to tell dealer and customer the reasons for holdup or when it is scheduled for the next phase of its movement. I don't think anyone is really blaming the transportation industry for problems as much as Ford and why they can't give anyone viable information about the vehicle's status in transit.

Ford has Percepta on contract. I am not sure what capacity they are contracted but they called me and told me they were locating my truck and expediting its shipment. Not sure one can call them with the VIN and get any information but one can try....the number i have on my caller id for Percepta is 321 435 1232.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ross, the truth is hard to find. Waiting would not be so bad if it was a reasonable amount of time and for a good reason, but it's going on 35 days waiting and no one out there has a clue of when it might ship. When you pay $1195 for shipping you expect it to be shipped. Not sitting on some yard for 35 days because someone else doesn't have their act together.
Old 06-19-2014, 01:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've been waiting over 30 days also. I live south of Ann Arbor Michigan. Was told any day now a few times.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chough1 View Post
I've been waiting over 30 days also. I live south of Ann Arbor Michigan. Was told any day now a few times.
Just to give you a comparison, my truck was in Howell, MI when I flew out to get it. When mine was built on 5/5, my ETA was 6/14 so it was about 5 1/2 weeks from the time it was built. Considering it was only a 5 hour truck ride from the factory to MI... So I'd think you would be getting yours very soon just basing off how my ETA was originally in the system for.
chough1 likes this.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hey Larry1013
I do blame the transportation industry, Ford built my truck rather quickly and got it to the transporter the same day it came out of production. Still at the transporter today (over a month now). Ford does share some of the blame though for not getting on someone's a** about the all the delivery hold ups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.