LED Fog Lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 04:27 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LED Fog Lights

So I have been wanting to do the Rigid fog light conversion for some time now but have not pulled the trigger because of the price. $500ish for fog lights seems a little unreasonable. So I just kept looking and found these guys at FireWire LEDs. Their kit looks the same as rigid and is plug in play. I ordered them today and should have them by the weekend. I ordered the 6LED option to get more light output. Just thought I'd share incase someone else was in the same boat I was.

***Admin edit: URL removed to non-sponsor site***
john galt likes this.

Last edited by Evil Eye; 07-24-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2014, 05:56 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Please let us know how it works out.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I hear most guys that have those LEDs , like them, ..........
Old 06-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Premium Member

Not sure why you need any conversion kit, unless you want a much further distance beam. VLEDS.com sells direct bulb replacements that are absurdly good. I've used them for years, for far less than 500.00, just a thought for guys that want LEDs that are better than stock.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2designs View Post
So I have been wanting to do the Rigid fog light conversion for some time now but have not pulled the trigger because of the price. $500ish for fog lights seems a little unreasonable. So I just kept looking and found these guys at FireWire LEDs. Their kit looks the same as rigid and is plug in play. I ordered them today and should have them by the weekend. I ordered the 6LED option to get more light output. Just thought I'd share incase someone else was in the same boat I was.

I may order these as well. I figure you cant go wrong for the price. I wish they had pictures on the wesbite of them lit up. They would go great with my 20" led light bar in my bumper but I will need some headlight bulbs to match them. What are the options there?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by colecoop56 View Post
I may order these as well. I figure you cant go wrong for the price. I wish they had pictures on the wesbite of them lit up. They would go great with my 20" led light bar in my bumper but I will need some headlight bulbs to match them. What are the options there?
Thinking about doing this as well. As far as headlight options go, I was thinking about led headlight bulbs. Someone has a thread here not long ago about led headlights. Shouldn't be hard to find, I'm still waiting to hear how they hold up.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colecoop56 View Post
I may order these as well. I figure you cant go wrong for the price. I wish they had pictures on the website of them lit up. They would go great with my 20" led light bar in my bumper but I will need some headlight bulbs to match them. What are the options there?
I have Retro Solution 4300K HIDs now in both Headlights and Fogs. My one fog light connector actually failed and corroded away. Any time in the early morning or night when I would run my fogs with my Headlights, it would create anarchy. I would get flashed, flipped off, honked at cursed out, I just didn't run them much unless I was on an empty road. For the price of these lights, I did not want to replace them with HIDs, I figured i would try these out. If I do not like them in the fog lights, I could always re-purpose them for Cab rack spots or back up lights under my bumper.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t korkle View Post
Thinking about doing this as well. As far as headlight options go, I was thinking about led headlight bulbs. Someone has a thread here not long ago about led headlights. Shouldn't be hard to find, I'm still waiting to hear how they hold up.
I am afraid of the LED headlights. I do not think the technology is there yet in the aftermarket world. I would just run plug and play HIDs or if you have $1000, do a set of retro fits.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes I'd like the 20'' light bar as well......
Old 06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm interested in your results.. look nice and not a bad price..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.