2015 Specs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2015 Specs

Local dealer said that the "source book" for the 2015's would arrive in March. From Ford Media Web Site - posted by Ford on March 5th

New 2015 Ford F-Series Super Duty Will Deliver Best-in-Class Horsepower, Torque and Towing Capacity

Second-generation 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel boosts horsepower to a class-leading 440 horsepower; torque to class-leading 860 lb.-ft. for all models

F-450 chassis upgrades raise maximum gooseneck trailer towing capacity to class-leading 31,200 pounds, fifth wheel towing capacity to class-leading 26,500 pounds, and gross combined weight rating to a class-leading 40,000 pounds

F-350 available with maximum towing package that increases fifth-wheel/gooseneck trailer towing capacity to 26,500 pounds, and raises the gross combined weight rating to 35,000 pounds

Payload will be 5,440 lb on the F-450 and 6670 lb on the F-350 dually

The High capacity tow package on the F-350 has an MSRP of $400 and includes a wider front axle, like they offered on the F-350 in the early 2000's.

Trailer hitch towing capacity for both will be 19,000 lbs.

Power Stroke Engine Improvements

The 2015 Super Duty achieves best-in-class towing performance with a second-generation 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 turbo diesel engine that was further developed to provide more power, torque and efficiency.

“The 6.7-liter Power Stroke was already a stout engine,” said Robert Fascetti, Ford vice president powertrain engineering. “The improvements we’ve made essentially give Super Duty customers an engine designed for our larger F-650 and F-750 trucks. They may not realize how tough this engine really is.”

Key innovations on the 6.7-liter Power Stroke V8 turbo diesel are its compacted graphite iron engine block and reverse-flow layout. This segment-exclusive design places the exhaust inside the engine’s V-shape, with while the air intake positioned on the outside resulting in a variety of advancements:

Shorter airflow from the exhaust system to the new, larger turbocharger sitting between the engine’s cylinder banks improves turbo responsiveness – key to providing torque quickly to truck customers when they need it most
Positioning the turbo inside the engine’s valley helps isolate the engine’s hottest temperatures, improving performance and efficiency, while also reducing noise, vibration and harshness to improve driver comfort

Chassis improvements

The F-350 is available with a high-capacity towing package that includes new front springs and a wide track axle, increasing the gross combined weight rating with the 6.7-liter Power Stroke engine from 31,900 pounds to 35,000 pounds.

Improvements to the F-450 that allow it to handle the increased tow rating include commercial- grade 19.5-inch wheels and tires; upgraded rear U-joints and suspension components, including new rear leaf springs; front and rear stabilizer bars; and shocks. The steering system has stronger gears and linkages and the fifth-wheel/gooseneck has an increased towing capacity. The brakes are larger and feature new antilock calibration for enhanced performance.

New 2015 Ford F-Series Super Duty Will Deliver Best-in-Class Horsepower, Torque and Towing Capacity | Ford Media Center

Last edited by ripstertx; 03-29-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: update Information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
We ordered a 2015 a few weeks ago and my salesman acted dumb when I asked about the upgrades lol
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I found this info on some of the changes being made:

Enhancements to Ford Power Stroke diesel include:

-A larger GT37 turbocharger that replaces the previous GT32 model, enabling
more airflow to the engine to produce more power beyond today's 400 horsepower and 800 lb.-ft. of torque.

-The wastegate and the wastegate controls are eliminated, because the turbo operates at lower peak pressures than the GT32.

•Ford-designed and -engineered 6R140 TorqShift® six-speed transmission uses a new torque converter to manage increased horsepower and torque
•New polymer coating on main bearings for improved wear-and-tear durability and lower friction
•Improved crankshaft fillet design – the transition point between the crankshaft's journals – to increase crankshaft power carrying capability
•Increased crankshaft damper weight to reduce rotating forces on the crankshaft when the engine is performing at peak power levels
•New five-layer head gasket to handle wider range of engine firing pressures resulting from more powerful engine performance
•Added material to the engine's cylinder heads, exhaust manifold and valvetrain to handle increased power levels
•Redesigned turbo oil and cooling lines to improve sealing
•Piston assembly upgrades to increase load-bearing capability
•New four-layer exhaust manifold gasket for improved durability

F-450 enhancements:

•Úpgraded rear driveline Ú-joints
•Úpgraded suspension components, including new rear leaf springs, front and rear stabilizer bars and shocks
•Increased fifth-wheel and gooseneck trailer capacity
•Stronger §teering gears and §teering linkages
•Larger brakes shared wîth Super Duty chassis cab models, including wheel brakes, parking brake and new antilock brake calibration
•F-450-specific Power Stroke diesel engine calibration

Last edited by ripstertx; 02-16-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:18 PM

Thx for the info guys, is there any pricing out yet???
Old 02-19-2014, 05:24 PM

Wonder if parts like turbo will be interchangeable to prior models.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:27 PM

These were the prices my dealer gave me on my order for an F250 Lariat. I assume that means general pricing is avail:

Specs & MSRP as follows:

$48425 4x4 Lariat CC 156" Blue Jeans Ext/Black Int
$8480 6.7L Diesel
$390 3.55 axle
$75 All weather mats
$295 FX4
$250 Rapid heat
$370 5th wheel prep
$1375 20" Wheels
$125 Upfitter switches
$380 Dual Alt
$475 Tough bed
$2685 Lariat Ultimate
$1195 Dest.

$64520 Total MSRP
Ontario Trucker and 350ninty7 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrz1 For This Useful Post:
Ontario Trucker (02-19-2014)
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 PM

Thx JR, much appreciated.......... so about the same as a new 2014 the same huh???
Old 02-19-2014, 05:36 PM

I honestly don't know. I thought I'd read someone's post that indicated about a $1K price increase (excluding impact of rebates etc.) but i didn't price out a similar 2014.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:43 PM

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the better turbo n all, seems fair to me
LSeven likes this.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:17 PM

I have a 2012 F350. I had originally planned on ordering a 2013, but my 6.0 had different thoughts. There were changes on the '13 I wished I had like the upgrade in the brakes. I'm in The San Francisco Bay Area, so deleting is not an option. So I think for piece of mind and the added upgrades that have happened since 2012, I'm going to sell my 2012 and order a 2015. I'm going to wait until my dealer has one on the lot so I can test drive it and also time to let the turbo have some time on the roads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2015 specs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.