To kill my warranty..Or not to kill? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To kill my warranty..Or not to kill?

On my 2014 250 6.7 My mind is made up that im going to do the DPF delete im just not sure on when i want to do it.

My contemplation is coming from because my truck has only 600 miles on it im deciding whether i want to run it stock for a few thousand miles and get whatever warranty work it may need from a bug from the factory out of the way or just to say screw it and do all the deletes. Im worried that im gonna be the unlucky one to get a truck from the factory that ends up being a total disaster haha.

Just looking for some insight from other members who have deleted their trucks at a very early point in its life. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 03:24 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It probably wouldn't hurt to break it in some. I was kind of in the same boat as you trying to figure the best time to delete. At first, it was going to be after 36,000 miles, but then I cancelled my 100,000 mile maintenance plan with Ford and started viewing my truck as something I was going to maintain and modify at my own will, to my own standards. I still haven't deleted yet, but I have everything I need to get it done in my possession.

Will I be pissed if something fails, with no warning, due to a manufacture defect? Yes, definitely. Am I going to wait 2-3 years for my standard warranty to expire at 36,000 miles, while in that same time period, I may need to go to the dealership to get an emission's sensor fixed? No, probably not. Who knows? I could be dead by then. What if the world economy collapses and America becomes one big riot zone and martial law is delclared? I'll need to get in my truck and travel into rural country, where I can maybe establish a threshold to fend off the government, but what if I'm not deleted by then and I get stranded on the highway due to an emission's related error code? These are all "what & if" scenarios, but that's all part of the gamble you've got to take when making the decision to delete.

I'm at 3,500 miles and started debating whether to delete about 1,000 miles ago. So far I've had no issues, except for a glitchy rear view camera screen, which I'm going to get fixed at the dealership this week. I think it's fair to say that I'll probably be deleted by my first oil change.
t korkle likes this.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Danton...that is some funny stuff. I think our "what if" scenarios match up. I am in rural America and I do plan for the fending off LOL!

I am still stock at 29,000. But, the urge to remove sensors keeps growing. I had a NOx sensor go...no issues with truck performance - threw a CEL. I took it in and they replaced it. But, I like the idea of not saddling the truck with regens/etc. I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure...
Old 02-10-2014, 04:31 PM

Odds are in your favor, but it's always a risk. I want to delete bad, but I also don't have 12k lying around in the rare occurance my engine goes bad and they don't cover it.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:23 PM

I deleted mine after 8 months, but I was already ay 24,000 miles. I'm now 13 months and 38,000. I hadn't had any issues prior, so my mindset was that I was broke in.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:28 PM

Great thread........ thx for the info guys
Old 02-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
What if the world economy collapses and America becomes one big riot zone and martial law is delclared? I'll need to get in my truck and travel into rural country, where I can maybe establish a threshold to fend off the government, but what if I'm not deleted by then and I get stranded on the highway due to an emission's related error code? These are all "what & if" scenarios, but that's all part of the gamble you've got to take when making the decision to delete.

I'm at 3,500 miles and started debating whether to delete about 1,000 miles ago. So far I've had no issues, except for a glitchy rear view camera screen, which I'm going to get fixed at the dealership this week. I think it's fair to say that I'll probably be deleted by my first oil change.
I had this same scenario played out but since im a fan of the walking dead show my scenario involved more zombies. ive always watched this show and thought to myself, of all the cars that were abandonded they chose a hyundai mini suv haha..But anyways i think ill end up waiting until atleast my first oil change. My urge to want to upgrade must wait a bit longer in the mean time ill just look for any excuse to get some miles on the truck.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 PM

WOW, wild imagination, I like it
Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryistheguy View Post
I had this same scenario played out but since im a fan of the walking dead show my scenario involved more zombies. ive always watched this show and thought to myself, of all the cars that were abandonded they chose a hyundai mini suv haha..But anyways i think ill end up waiting until atleast my first oil change. My urge to want to upgrade must wait a bit longer in the mean time ill just look for any excuse to get some miles on the truck.
I thought about that too, but diesels are too noisy in the zombie world.....
Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jse51599 View Post
I thought about that too, but diesels are too noisy in the zombie world.....
Shoot, Sometimes i like to believe my dads 6.2 gasser is louder than my 6.7 diesel haha. i like driving loud stuff. Used to have a 7.3 that got the job done then i moved to an f150 ecoboost that on the other hand no so much satisfied my ears so here i am back with the diesel lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.