So I did it....driving a Prius - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 08:15 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I did it....driving a Prius

WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?!?!

Ok, so I didn't sell the truck or anything. It's in the body shop getting a new passenger front fender. My mother-in-law shut her double sided steel 7' tall gate on it when it was 700 miles old. The good news is her home-owner's is footing the bill, and they set up an rental car for me.

So when I got to the rental car agency this morning, they informed me that all of their full size rentals are either out or getting serviced. So I had a choice between a mini van and a Prius. A piece of advice: when you have a choice between a mini van and a Prius, don't choose the Prius.

It has a joystick for a shifter. It feels and looks like a shuttle for Star Trek. It has NO power at all. I thought electrics/hybrids were suppose to have "pep." Not even a hint of pep here. You have to push a freaking button to get it into park. It won't even honk at you to tell you it's locked. Rather, it gives you a petite and timid little "beep." There's no thermal energy from the motor to get it warm on a cold and drizzly day.

Sure, it gets 50 mpg, and I probably won't even have to add any gas to it before I take it back to the rental agency, but I have a distinct feeling that if I had any type of serious collision with something like a Prius while driving my truck, whoever is driving or riding in the Prius is toast. And do you know how many super/heavy duty trucks there are driving around here in Lubbock?? I'm kind of scared for my life .

Anyway, only a couple of days, and I'll be back in my truck. Thank you Lord!

--nathan

Last edited by siver_pilate; 02-10-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I loved driving by anyone in a Prius in a tractor-trailer. Especially when I got up right next to it and downshifted so they could hear and feel me hurt the environment.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 AM

Haha I'm in a similar boat!

I just bought my girlfriend a 99 v6 camry with 88k miles.

Its so small and feels weird compared to my truck, but at the same time I love knowing that tires are $400, oil changes are $30, it gets 26mpg, and if anything breaks, it'll cost about 1/10th as much as my truck!

I love my truck to death by all means, but something can be said for having a good little like her camry Plus, no payments is nice!
Old 02-10-2014, 09:01 AM

Funny thing: it beeps when you put it in reverse. INSIDE the car. As if I couldn't remember that I put it in reverse. SMH

--nathan
Old 02-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Prius smash

Did anyone see in, I think it was Diesel Power, that Prius getting smashed?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You should roll coal on yourself.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 AM

I would of taken the mini van. What color is the Prius?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Haha yeah I know the feeling. Let me guess...There's no tint on the windows and everyone can view you like an animal at the zoo?
Bryce18 likes this.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:17 AM

**whispers: I feel so exposed** Yep, no tint, and apparently no substance (i.e. insulation or meat) of any kind. These little things are freezer boxes in the cold!

It's a silver Prius, you know, the better to blend in on these foggy dreary days so that a lifted 250 speed-bumps me. It also matches my screen name, though I accidentally left out the "l" when registering

Funny story, a buddy of mine actually speed-bumped a little truck a long time ago. He was driving his lifted, rock-trail driving Dodge, and there was a little Ford Ranger in the outside lane just in front of him. They were driving at city speeds, and the Ranger decided he just HAD to take that next left, pulling directly in front of my friend's truck with no time to maneuver. The Dodge when right over the top of him, monster-truck style. Except, that the front axle and diff ended up folded back somewhere underneath the middle of the truck. Lots of sparks when he landed, but he was ok, as was (miraculously) the driver of the Ranger.

--nathan
Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 AM

Dantron, I'm curious...which push bar do you have on the front of your truck in the avatar? I'm considering getting something to spruce up the truck and differentiate it from the other 100 tuxedo black F250's roaming about town. I've not been a huge fan of the big bull bars since they're not really functional, but I don't really want a full bumper/guard. I'm considering a black Randy Ellis light bar with some 6" KC's for the country roads. Something that is different than the crowd but not too visually loud. Yours looks nice, though. Do you have any side-pics?

--nathan

Last edited by siver_pilate; 02-10-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.