Taking headlights apart and painting them? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Taking headlights apart and painting them?

I know some of you guys have done it! What paint did you use and how hard was it?!? I'm skeptical on doing it, I just need some motivation!! What did you use to re seal the lights? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 PM

its hard, I did 2 sets and screwed them both up in one way or another.. in the end I ordered some already done.. plainnsimple does them so does blueflame... just search the net
Old 02-09-2014, 02:36 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What part of the headlight are you going to paint and what color? Are you planning to paint the housing and keep all the lights stock?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:17 PM

Dantron I was going to paint the chrome housing and leave reflectors alone. But instead I'm sending in my head lights doing a projector on bottom and painting it all black reflectors and all. Any new updates to your truck?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:31 PM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemedzo1078 View Post
Dantron I was going to paint the chrome housing and leave reflectors alone. But instead I'm sending in my head lights doing a projector on bottom and painting it all black reflectors and all. Any new updates to your truck?
Ehh not really, well nothing major at least. I had my outer grille vinyl wrapped, that turned out nice. I had my fender flares painted, but they still need to be buffed and finished before I install them. I ordered and received my Flo-Pro delete pipe, Donaldson muffler, and H&S cold air-intake. Once those intake & exhaust mods are installed, I have some rear traction bars waiting to be put on. After that I should be finally done with my build!

Yeah I'll probably do something like that with my stock headlights somewhere down the line. I may look into this "Oracle" company and see if there's a way to retro-fit some of their Halo's along with a projector into the stock headlights. What are you doing for headlights when you send them in? Or do you have another vehicle to drive?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:33 PM
POWERCHOKER

Most recent pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Taking headlights apart and painting them?-img_0808.jpg   Taking headlights apart and painting them?-img_0810.jpg  
Old 02-09-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemedzo1078 View Post
What does that cost if you don't mind?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Very nice Dantron I'm doing a vinyl wrap on my grill as well maybe later this week. For my head lights I'm going to wait for my friend to get his new ones and use his stock ones while mine are away getting done. Doing AMP steps when I get my tax return as well then odds and ends there after.

Pumped 101 I'm not 100% sure how much it will cost. The best person to contact is josh at the diesel cartel he does amazing work and gets insane prices on stuff. He is the one that is building my truck!
PUMPED 101 likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Where are you guys getting the vinyl wraps done? Does the color match good? I'd love to get my grill surround done to match my truck.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 AM

I'm getting mine done close to my house in Miami. The shop doing it has different metallic black options to see which one matches best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.