Possible new 6.7 have ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 05:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Possible new 6.7 have ?'s

Possibly getting a new 2014/2015 ford F250 with the 6.7. Just wondering how the regen works on these newer 6.7 with urea. I had an 08 6.4 and had a lot of problems with it when it came to regen. before I got rid of it it was in regen every day and would go for 20 to 25 minutes while driving. truck only had 40k miles on it. I use the truck for work and do plowing in the winter currently I have a 2011 cummins with 40k on it been threw regen a total of 5 times and regen last at the most 10 minutes I love how this system works, I also drive a 2010 mack granite 10 wheeler and regen works pretty good with, the best feature that truck has is the park regen, goes in to high idle and done in 22 minutes. I work for a township so we get a pickup every 2 or 3 years and we get what ever truck is on state or county bid but we get to add options to the truck to make it better. The 08 was a pretty decent truck just had issues with the regen and yes the truck is driven around town but it get's to operating temps pretty easy with the hills and the open secondary roads, It was -10 here this morning and I had no trouble building heat while plowing snow drifts back in the cummins. I run a Boss 9.2 VXT so a lot of the front is covered and I run the exhaust brake all the time. Just looking for any help tips or options I should look at if I get to order this truck in two weeks. Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2014, 05:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have a 2013 with 30k miles. When new it would go into regen about twice a tank. Now it's more like once, maybe twice a tank.. A lot depends on driving conditions.

If stuff is all working correctly, I think mine is fairly normal and how it should be.. My regen's also typically last around 5 minutes max.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:25 AM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This may help...

Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 AM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
"I guess they want you to be able to wrap your lips around the tailpipe and take a deep breath and not die from it."
Old 02-08-2014, 07:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wow regen twice a tank of fuel that is a lot! so the last few weeks I been going threw a tank of fuel plowing and working the truck every other day. I like the Five minutes max to go threw regen that would be great. The 6.4 would always go into regen as a pulled on the road i live on to go home or when i pulled in to the town barns driveway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.