Build Your Own Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Build Your Own Questions

I am going to special order a 2015, and I have been playing on Fords website and there are a few things it wont let me do like I want, was curious if anybody knew if when special ordering could they swing it.

First thing I started building a XLT to compare price wise against a Lariat base. I am trying to build a Oxford white cc, with black leather which on xlt is not available option and on lariat it has to be two tone exterior to get it??

Also am considering building without my ford touch and on xlt that's possible but going to lariat its not??

In short I basically want my interior loaded minus sunroof and my ford touch with black leather console interior. exterior no special package, least chrome as possible with cheapest wheels possible, with fog lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 05:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ordered a 14 last year and the website said the same thing for me on the black leather in a lariat needed to be two-tone which this is incorrect. I was able to get my black leather with out the two-tone. As for you getting the leather in XLT, that one is not possible directly from FORD. Aftermarket will put leather in for you but your talking $$$$. It would probably be cheaper to go with the Lariat package and deal with the My ford touch. I have two vehicles with the MY Ford touch and no issues.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

any upholstry shop can do black leather for a decent price, u can also buy the black leather skinz directly from ford too
Old 02-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

whats crazy about Lariat and options is, it says Sony 6 disc included but right below says My touch screen included. Its not that I don't like the My Touch screen. I am only wanting to neglect so I can build my own system and avoid paying every year to update navigation if I get it as well.

On building the xlt you could get it without power slider which I never have used in either of my previous and current f250s but on Lariat again not an option to remove. Plus I was going to save some coin going with cheapest tire/wheel setup and putting my own set on.

Ive had a 2011 and a 2012 and I know exactly how I want one now and want to build it exact. Makes no sense why you can actually build your own without variables to the equation.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:16 AM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dude. Ford websites are screwed up. I tried ordering some Carhartt seat covers a while back and none of the pictures matched the descriptions plus they didn't even carry half of the items anymore. If you're going to custom order a truck, I would go to a dealer with a list of what you want and tell them to make it happen. If they don't get it right, don't pay for it until they do.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

10-4 exactly what i am going to do. Dealer told me Mid march, that until then wouldn't do any good to order one. This special order is new to me but im going to give it a try. Last thing i have to decide on is My Ford Touch or standard radio, love the my ford look but also want a good stereo system, something these high dollar trucks lack big time.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:06 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would get the My Ford Touch. You can change truck settings such as the keyless entry code, it's easier to adjust climate controls, and a back-up camera is always handy. I don't use the Sirius, bluetooth or navigation much because I rely more on my iphone, but having your music automatically turn down for incoming calls and iphone navigation commands coming through your speakers is a good feature. Also, you can upgrade the Sony audio system and it ain't bad with a single 8" subwoofer behind the back seat and tweeters in all the doors. I'm not able to bump like I did in high school with two 10" subs in the back of a Tahoe, but I grew out of that a while ago anyway.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:10 PM

I don't believe you can get black interior on an XLT. Just grey and tan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.