FIA Winter Front - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FIA Winter Front

Has anyone bought the FIA winter front for the 6.7? (link below) If you have, what did you think??? I like the idea of the stick on snaps, but would not want them to be visible in the summer, so I would likely remove them. Is the 3m adhesive backing easy to remove?

WF922-18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Why not get an OEM winter front? There's no buttons, just straps and some Velcro bracket pieces that don't stick to the truck. On and off in about 5 minutes.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:11 AM

They make one??? I have been searching all over online, and asking dealers and everyone says that Ford doesn't make one for the 11-13 SD's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-31-2014, 05:55 PM

I have the fia one and it fits and works great. I don't mind the buttons on it but I have found out that when its really cold I lost a couple snaps. Im buying some chrome ones and gonna rivet them to my grill so they wont be as noticeable in the summer but I plan on running the screen it came with all summer to keep the bugs and crap off my grill. I went with the fia because the factory one is twice the cost, I got my fia winter and summer cover for $52 off of amazon
Old 02-01-2014, 08:55 AM

I actually ended up buying one off amazon on Thursday morning. They said it was "used" but I can't see how it has ever been used. Plus, amazon prime got it shipped here Friday for free. Cost about $60 only because I bought an extra box of snaps too.

The quality looks great and installation was simple. I took my grill off and brought it inside to let it warm up all day, then used a hair dryer to heat the grill and snaps. I think it looks pretty cool on there. I haven't driven yet because I am letting the snaps set up, but I will let everyone know how quickly it has the truck warm up. May make a new product review post, or just post it on here.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:48 AM

Mine didn't make a huge difference in warm up time . I noticed it keeps it about 15-20 warmer going down the road and doesn't seems like engine is working as hard. I've ran it with the flaps open and the flaps closed when it was -30 here and didn't make a huge difference open or closed . But it definitely keeps the truck at operating temp easier when running into the 40 mph winds when it is negative degree temps

Old 02-01-2014, 10:41 AM

That's about what I figured. I didn't think it would help that much when idling, but I was hoping it would help to keep it warmer while driving. I drive a lot on the highway back and forth from school. Hopefully this will make the cold drives easier on the engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.