Water Drainage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Water Drainage

Drain fuel faithfully every month from the water bowl. Have only owned my truck for 5 months and have 9,000 miles on it. So far I haven't had not one single drop of water come from the filter. I drain it for about 30 sec. and then let it sit in my shop for a week to allow time to settle. I have done this the same way all five times with No Sign of any water. I get my diesel from the same store all the time. My question is,,,, Is this a really good place to purchase diesel "obviously" or is there somewhere else the water can be gathering up that I am not aware of and not checking. Thanks for the input guys... Was trying to wait till the 10,000 mile mark to change fuel filters but might do it a little early out of curiosity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2014, 02:53 PM

Kenny, your in good shape. No water means No contamination. You can change your fuel filter's but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. As far as an additional place to check for water I can't think of anything else. I have a 32mm socket I keep in my truck in case I think I just got some bad Diesel. Changing your filter's are pretty easy. You can buy filter's online at Dieselfilters.com pretty cheap. It's a good idea to have some spares on hand.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:57 PM

Thanks Stroker, I'm actually fixing to go to that website you referred me too and order 2 sets so that I have a spare set in the truck. Thanks for the input friend..
Old 01-25-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyketten View Post
Thanks Stroker, I'm actually fixing to go to that website you referred me too and order 2 sets so that I have a spare set in the truck. Thanks for the input friend..
No Problem.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
Kenny, your in good shape. No water means No contamination. You can change your fuel filter's but I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. As far as an additional place to check for water I can't think of anything else. I have a 32mm socket I keep in my truck in case I think I just got some bad Diesel. Changing your filter's are pretty easy. You can buy filter's online at Dieselfilters.com pretty cheap. It's a good idea to have some spares on hand.
Hey Stroker, I went to the website dieselfilters.com but when I typed in the part # it shows no match for this part #. I guess I'm using the right one. I got it out of my owners book... FD-4615. That is the only Part# I could find for them...
Old 01-25-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Hey Stroker, I went to the website dieselfilters.com but when I typed in the part # it shows no match for this part #. I guess I'm using the right one. I got it out of my owners book... FD-4615. That is the only Part# I could find for them...
OK, try Dieselfiltersonline.com. Kenny, these are available right now.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
OK, try Dieselfiltersonline.com. Kenny, these are available right now.
Thanks for the swift reply, will check it out right now...
Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the swift reply, will check it out right now...
The prices are pretty competitive and the shipping is fast! Every once in a while there are some good deals on the Bay! There was a deal awhile back on all 4 filter's, fuel, air, oil, and pre-filter for like $95.00 not bad with free shipping. If you come across the oil filter's that have an s after the part number it's the updated filter so no worries.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:51 PM

Appreciate the info Stroker, just ordered two sets. Checked the Bay before I pulled the trigger and dieselfilters had em beat by $14...lol. Thanks for the help. Really like this forum, handiest thing since the shirt pocket
Old 01-25-2014, 04:52 PM

Another simple and easy way to keep the water out of your fuel system is to keep you tank topped off nice and full.
The Following User Says Thank You to kinnisoj For This Useful Post:
kennyketten (01-25-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.