Ordered a 2015 today! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,181
Thanks: 6
Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Ordered a 2015 today!

We ordered our new dump truck today.

2015 f450 cab and chassis. regular cab 141" wheel base. 6.7L diesel with 4.30 rear end. 4x4 esof. Aluminum 19.5's. It's getting a galion 9ft 304 stainless steel dump body.

Salesman says the truck will be 6-8 weeks out. Gasser's are gonna take longer he said for some reason.

One thing that caught me by surprise was the salesmanship lack of knowledge on the new trucks? He is the president or whatever at the dealer so he should know something. I mentioned the video of the 2015 superduty that was announced at the Texas truck fair promising, turbo, fuel and trans upgrades. Also an exhaust brake they mentioned. Not sure if he is playing dumb or what. We went in planning to order a 2014 and were shocked when he said it would be a 2015. He said 2015 ordering opened up last week or something. Anyone know anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-23-2014, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Union City, PA
Posts: 593
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am curious as well. Did they not even have power numbers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,181
Thanks: 6
Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nope no power number and he acted clueless to the upgrades
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Curious, would they allow you any wiggle room on the price, or since you special ordered it the cost would be sticker price or take a hike?

Just trying to figure out if this is a Ford thing or my local dealership. Zero budge on the window sticker price if I special order. It almost seems like they want to charge me more for the burden I am placing on them for my need of a special order
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKET VAPOR View Post
Curious, would they allow you any wiggle room on the price, or since you special ordered it the cost would be sticker price or take a hike?

Just trying to figure out if this is a Ford thing or my local dealership. Zero budge on the window sticker price if I special order. It almost seems like they want to charge me more for the burden I am placing on them for my need of a special order
Where are you located? They'll do whatever you want for 11k off sticker in Baton Rouge, LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_53 View Post
Where are you located? They'll do whatever you want for 11k off sticker in Baton Rouge, LA.
Oklahoma City

All of the dealerships around here are getting the sticker price, because all of the demand from the oil companies!

If you have a dealership name I may be going on a long road trip?

Last edited by ROCKET VAPOR; 01-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There is a Ford dealership in Vernon, TX (think it's called Vernon Ford) and they will usually give a pretty decent deal on a new truck, example F-350's, 2014 with KRanch pkg, had a list of $68k and they would do the deal for $58K without a discussion.

Might think about calling the dealer in Baton Rouge, provide the configuration and see what the price is, then try Vernon and see where they are at. From OK, I'd want to go to Vernon instead of Baton Rouge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ripstertx For This Useful Post:
ROCKET VAPOR (01-28-2014)
  #8  
Old 01-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
order dates for the 2014 along with production ended some time ago, the order book for 2015's began on the 15th of Jan, production begins in March (17th) for the '15 Super Duty's. Production schedules will be established in mid-February.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,181
Thanks: 6
Thanked 36 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
They deal with us on it. Prolly not as much as a king ranch truck that has more wiggle room but we get a decent price plus x plan and customer loyalty since we have WWWAAAYYY too many ford vehicles in the driveway. Lol
Bryce18 likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to travisH3 For This Useful Post:
ROCKET VAPOR (01-28-2014)
  #10  
Old 01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 38
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
We ordered our new dump truck today.

2015 f450 cab and chassis. regular cab 141" wheel base. 6.7L diesel with 4.30 rear end. 4x4 esof. Aluminum 19.5's. It's getting a galion 9ft 304 stainless steel dump body.

Salesman says the truck will be 6-8 weeks out. Gasser's are gonna take longer he said for some reason.

One thing that caught me by surprise was the salesmanship lack of knowledge on the new trucks? He is the president or whatever at the dealer so he should know something. I mentioned the video of the 2015 superduty that was announced at the Texas truck fair promising, turbo, fuel and trans upgrades. Also an exhaust brake they mentioned. Not sure if he is playing dumb or what. We went in planning to order a 2014 and were shocked when he said it would be a 2015. He said 2015 ordering opened up last week or something. Anyone know anything?
Commericial orders turned to 2015 just before the Janurary 15th. Private trucks can stillorder 2014 til the end of January. I was told. The information given to the dealers was very vague on the 2015s when they sent the spec sheets out. I knew more than my dealer but he was able to verify my questions shortly with ford documentation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors