Deleted and Loving It - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-20-2014, 05:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Deleted and Loving It

So I finally got around to doing the DPF and EGR delete on the truck. I also installed the Mini Maxx Race.

Aside from the INSANE amounts of power this unlocked, the MPG gains are insane. I am a stock FX4 Crew Cab and I was able to get 22.6 MPG on the highway (100 mile round trip) at 68-72MPH. I also am seeing about 17MPG in the city. This is so much better than the 14/17 I got stock.

Plus being able to light the tires up is always a good time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would love to delete my 6.7, does the engine feel a bit more responsive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousReload View Post
I would love to delete my 6.7, does the engine feel a bit more responsive?
Night and day, Ive owned a lot of high horsepower cars (Nissan GTR, Lambo Gallardo, Dodge Viper) and the throttle response and torque is just as fluid and crisp as those listed above. The noise level is great as well, normal driving sounds stock, WOT sounds like a pissed off jet.

The biggest thing is the pure grunt, when I would get on it un deleted I felt it would lag a bit, not now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor202 View Post
So I finally got around to doing the DPF and EGR delete on the truck. I also installed the Mini Maxx Race.

Aside from the INSANE amounts of power this unlocked, the MPG gains are insane. I am a stock FX4 Crew Cab and I was able to get 22.6 MPG on the highway (100 mile round trip) at 68-72MPH. I also am seeing about 17MPG in the city. This is so much better than the 14/17 I got stock.

Plus being able to light the tires up is always a good time
about how much was the cost if you don't mind me asking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmntboy View Post
about how much was the cost if you don't mind me asking?
Tuner was $1200
DPF Delete Pipe $160
EGR Block $50

Labor $175

If you already have a tuner with the ability to turn the DPF regen cycle off then that's a big hunk of the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor202 View Post
Tuner was $1200
DPF Delete Pipe $160
EGR Block $50

Labor $175

If you already have a tuner with the ability to turn the DPF regen cycle off then that's a big hunk of the cost.
cool thanks not much in labor cost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 250
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor202 View Post
Tuner was $1200
DPF Delete Pipe $160
EGR Block $50

Labor $175

If you already have a tuner with the ability to turn the DPF regen cycle off then that's a big hunk of the cost.
So are you saying you didnt do a big HP tune you just did enough tune to trun the crap off? Just collecting more info to decide. I keep thinking about htis. But the eco cops are what hold me back. Then i think at 100,000miles when some thing goes boom i will regret not dumping the crap a long time ago argghhh.....


Josh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Maybe I should do it as well. I really like my truck; just hate the mileage. I wasn't expecting great mileage but 10-12 mpg is very poor. Maybe I will wait and see what it does in summer. Running winter fuel and temps have averaged around -20C since I got the truck. I thought it should do 15-16 on the hwy. My 06 Dodge does 12-13 pulling a 25 ft gooseneck all summer. I have done a lot to the dodge as far as performance parts though. These trucks really need a bigger tank!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdenlake View Post
So are you saying you didnt do a big HP tune you just did enough tune to trun the crap off? Just collecting more info to decide. I keep thinking about htis. But the eco cops are what hold me back. Then i think at 100,000miles when some thing goes boom i will regret not dumping the crap a long time ago argghhh.....


Josh
Im running the highest HP tune. It get the best mileage, you do have to baby it. Cant drive it like a pissed off teenager and expect to see 20MPG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors