Re-Gen Notice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 02:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re-Gen Notice

Hi. I only have my 2014 F250 Lariat for 350 miles so far. This morning I notice the mpg were dropping and I thought it was in re-gen mode but did not see where to find if this was it or not. I am comming from an 2008 f350 xlt that I had to push the reset button to see if it was still in re-gen mode. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2014, 03:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper99 View Post
Hi. I only have my 2014 F250 Lariat for 350 miles so far. This morning I notice the mpg were dropping and I thought it was in re-gen mode but did not see where to find if this was it or not. I am comming from an 2008 f350 xlt that I had to push the reset button to see if it was still in re-gen mode. Thanks.
The notice only pops up for a split second in the instrument cluster, no need to acknowledge it and pretty much the only way to know if it is in regen mode is to catch that msg. and dropping mpg...congrats on new truck
Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 AM

Exactly what he said. Wish there was a way to verify, but just look for the 6 to 8mpg on the cluster.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks. Sometimes I would drive the extra 3 to 4 miles on my other truck so it would finish the re-gen before I parked it at home. No need to finish the re-gen now?
Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks. Sometimes I would drive the extra 3 to 4 miles on my other truck so it would finish the re-gen before I parked it at home. No need to finish the re-gen now?
Correct. The Regen process will resume the next time you drive your truck. Unless the message center tells you to Drive to clean exhaust filter than don't worry about it. Now saying that, if you drive primarily short trips, then make sure once a week you take her out on the highway and drive her for a good hour or more at highway speeds, Diesels Love to be ran!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:42 AM

It does help to finish the regen, because otherwise it will start up midway through your next drive. It won't hurt anything to stop it in the middle, but you'll eventually want to let it go through a full cycle. However, Ford didn't really give us any monitoring capability stock. If I have the time, I also like to go ahead and let the regen finish. If I notice MPG down, I usually drive another 10 minutes or until the MPG returned back to normal. It's much easier to tell at highway speeds, so I hop on the loop or get to the edge of town.

I have added an Edge Insight, and it has an indicator letting you know when regen is occurring as well as ability to display DPF soot concentration so you know when it's coming. I had to call them up to get it to work with my 2014 (they tricked it into reading it as a 2013, and it seems to work); they'll probably have an update out later this year to fully support the '14s.

--nathan
Old 01-17-2014, 07:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks all. This is good information to know.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks all. This is good information to know.
Not a problem, that's what this Forum is all about.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siver_pilate View Post
I have added an Edge Insight, and it has an indicator letting you know when regen is occurring as well as ability to display DPF soot concentration so you know when it's coming.
I went from running my CTS in my old 08 ram 1500 to my 13 350 and its crazy how much more you can monitor on the diesels. The ability to monitor DPF load is worth its weight in gold. Id definitely recommend anyone with a new truck buy a CTS before any other mods!
Old 01-17-2014, 03:36 PM

Short answer is to delete...period!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.