35s on Stock 20" rims - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 04:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
35s on Stock 20" rims

So I finally got around to snapping a few pictures of my tires. I wish that I could have gotten a few more angles but of course the camera had no juice left in it and then it got dark. The tires are Toyo Open Country M/T in 35x12.50x20 on stock rims. These tires were a pain to find and the dealer that had them only had 4, so needless to say I had to jump on these bad boys.

I searched High and Low for pictures of 35s on stock rims but came up pretty empty when it came for this style except for a few. Once the weather breaks and I can get some more life in the camera, I will get some more pictures.

All in all I am pretty happy with these tires.

Are they loud? No but you can definitely hear them.
Can you still have a conversation with the person next to you? Yes, no need to shout.

Are your MPGs down? Yes, but I have not really had a fair chance to really compare it to stock. We are on winter blend fuel and I have been doing morning remote starts, lots of stop and go traffic and all over town, so my calculations will be off from my normal routine.

Do they work well in wet/snowy conditions? YES... I can plow through puddles and slush with barely feeling it and no feedback from the steering wheel like you are hydroplaning like with the stock tires.

Are you leveled/lifted? NOPE... 100% stock suspension. 2012 F350 CCLB FX4 with plow package.

Does it rub? Yes, only on full lock turning left...

I only put about 1000 miles on them since I had them so I am sure that I will have more comments as time goes on. The guys at Ford said that the bigger tires are not helping my truck go straight with the roads being crowned not having any caster adjustment on the solid axle trucks.

Let me know what you think.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to a2designs For This Useful Post:
rossmelvin (01-14-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Would really like to see a picture of the while truck the way it sits.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbhtrd06 View Post
Would really like to see a picture of the while truck the way it sits.
+1 from the CCLB crowd haha
Old 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Premium Member

great info!! Please post more pics and fuel info. Cant wait to get rid of the stock tires and really not wanting to do a lift. Would like 35's if it can be done.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 AM

Would like to see pics of the truck side view and pics of the front tires like you took of the rear tires as well.

Looks good from what I can tell
Old 01-14-2014, 05:08 AM

Here are a few more that I snapped while I was running into a clients shop. Will try to get a few more later.

My fuel mileage seems to be down about 1-2MPG but its hard to tell with all of the variables right now. I am going to pick up some Diesel Kleen next time I fill up. This time of year is always tough to get an accurate reading on mileage.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:04 AM
Premium Member

How's the ride? Compaired to stock..... The ride is what put me in this 2014 F250 and I hate street tires but am scared to loose the comfort.... Thx
Old 01-14-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome258 View Post
How's the ride? Compaired to stock..... The ride is what put me in this 2014 F250 and I hate street tires but am scared to loose the comfort.... Thx
Surprisingly the ride is better. I have these aired at 65psi on all 4 corners. Don't take me the wrong way, it still rides like a truck but its a lot more tamed. I don't find myself bracing going over the bumps in the road. I am going to eventually swap the shocks out too down the road.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

looks great! if they are 35" tall then that 1/2" taller than stock. Is that why they rub or is the rim really to narrow for the tires?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
looks great! if they are 35" tall then that 1/2" taller than stock. Is that why they rub or is the rim really to narrow for the tires?
They rub because they are wider on stock rims. I would need to run wider wheels with a different offset and lift it for it not to rub with this setup. I was looking into the 295 option but the shops around here were more expensive on the 295s than the 35s.
The Following User Says Thank You to a2designs For This Useful Post:
mmm635 (05-08-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.