Ford Maintenance Plan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 02:19 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford Maintenance Plan

I signed up for the Ford Maintenance Plan when I purchased my truck and I'm debating on whether I should cancel the service for a refund of about $3000. The services are scheduled for every 7500 miles until 100k miles and they primarily consist of oil changes. My truck currently has 2500 miles on it and has stock settings regarding the engine and performance. However, I do have plans to delete/tune/CAI and I would imagine these modifications would be noted during these check ups. I've heard that performing maintenance services through the dealership benefits the resale or trade on a vehicle, but I'm not sure if that's worth the potential problems and incompetence associated with dealerships today.

Assuming that I'm able to successfully cancel my Ford Maintenance Plan...

What is the best method for me to maintain my truck given the circumstances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2014, 02:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't trust people to change my oil and filters, especially my fuel filters. I would get my money back personally. I have had people bring me their trucks that had been "serviced" at the dealership and most of the time all they did was change the oil and filter but would charge for fuel filters, rotating tires, etc... I went and got a 6.0 that wouldn't run one time that had around 30k miles on it, had just been serviced two weeks before at dealership, bottom fuel filter was collapsed it was so dirty and looked like it was the same one it came off the lot with
Old 01-13-2014, 04:21 PM

How long habe you had your truck? If its been a while and you hardly put many miles I'd definitely cancel and tune and delete. I got the ford extended service but mine was like $1700 I believe? It's the best one they could offer through Ford.

I have had my truck 11 months and have almost 29k on it. So its worth it for me to keep it. With all the miles more likely to go wrong.

I have Ford do all my services. I keep all receipts from them plus they look it over. That will help the resale far more than doing it on my own no question being able to actually prove it.

With your miles why are you concerned with oil changes lol
Old 01-13-2014, 06:43 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
I don't trust people to change my oil and filters, especially my fuel filters. I would get my money back personally. I have had people bring me their trucks that had been "serviced" at the dealership and most of the time all they did was change the oil and filter but would charge for fuel filters, rotating tires, etc... I went and got a 6.0 that wouldn't run one time that had around 30k miles on it, had just been serviced two weeks before at dealership, bottom fuel filter was collapsed it was so dirty and looked like it was the same one it came off the lot with
Yeah my faith in the dealership that I purchased from dwindles more and more after every encounter I have with them. I understand that I'm able to receive the maintenance work from any Ford dealer, but I think there's potential for a conflict of interest with any place that services your truck. You want to keep your truck running and they want to keep their shop running. I've been wanting to become more familiarized with my truck and performing my own maintenance would be a good start. I guess the only way to truly know if they did what they claimed to have, is to physically check before and after the service or to actually watch them do it. Hmm...I have more pondering to do regarding this decision.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:45 PM

If you can cancel it then post up on here, I got it as well when I just bought my truck and I wish I hadnt. I prefer to do my own maintenance, I primarily got the plan to get ford to do any major service like driveline/trans. After I purchased the truck I looked into the service schedule and was extremely dissapointed to find that all major service items are to be done after my 100k km maintenance plan is over. Just to make myself seem like less of a knob Ive convinced myself itll be better for me to just use the plan and let ford do all maintenance to avoid any issues I might run into possibly with warranty in the future. If it can be cancelled and refunded then I will gladly go down to the dealer tomorrow and do that. My plan was approx $3k as well, Ill take half that in cash and walk away happy. My loss their gain.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:32 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHP View Post
If you can cancel it then post up on here, I got it as well when I just bought my truck and I wish I hadnt. I prefer to do my own maintenance, I primarily got the plan to get ford to do any major service like driveline/trans. After I purchased the truck I looked into the service schedule and was extremely dissapointed to find that all major service items are to be done after my 100k km maintenance plan is over. Just to make myself seem like less of a knob Ive convinced myself itll be better for me to just use the plan and let ford do all maintenance to avoid any issues I might run into possibly with warranty in the future. If it can be cancelled and refunded then I will gladly go down to the dealer tomorrow and do that. My plan was approx $3k as well, Ill take half that in cash and walk away happy. My loss their gain.
Alright I will look into it and post the conclusion. I can't remember if it was a binding contract with the option to cancel or not. If they tell me I can't get a refund, I'm going to shed light on all the incompetence I've dealt with since my purchase and let them know that I'm transfering all the services to another dealership.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Sounds good. Im curious to see what happens because the contract is with ford and not the dealership so they really have no say. Ill read into my contract from my truck purchase tomorrow and see what it says
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
How long habe you had your truck? If its been a while and you hardly put many miles I'd definitely cancel and tune and delete. I got the ford extended service but mine was like $1700 I believe? It's the best one they could offer through Ford.

I have had my truck 11 months and have almost 29k on it. So its worth it for me to keep it. With all the miles more likely to go wrong.

I have Ford do all my services. I keep all receipts from them plus they look it over. That will help the resale far more than doing it on my own no question being able to actually prove it.

With your miles why are you concerned with oil changes lol
I've had my truck for about 3 months. Right now, I'm trying to get a better understanding of the maintenance plan through Ford before my first check-up at 7500 miles. With all the issues people are having with Ford involving warranty disputes and incompetence in general, I'm getting the strong feeling that I may be better off cutting and running in order to have the freedom of modifying my truck as I please while also taking steps to "bulletproof" my engine to ensure long-lasting reliability. I may never get another Super Duty given that the engine harming emission's controls are here to stay and the abilities to delete these systems are disappearing. I don't think engineering a truck that could withstand the test of time is in Ford's best interest.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:04 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighHP View Post
Sounds good. Im curious to see what happens because the contract is with ford and not the dealership so they really have no say. Ill read into my contract from my truck purchase tomorrow and see what it says
If voiding the contract is not an option, at least I'll have the oppurtunity to find another dealership in which I can display some confidence towards.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantron View Post
I'm going to shed light on all the incompetence I've dealt with since my purchase and let them know that I'm transfering all the services to another dealership.
Why not just post up anyways?

I'd be interested to hear what kind of issues you have had with just 2500 miles on a new truck.

With mine nearing 29k miles, the only issue with the actual truck has been a check engine light one time, and it was for a sensor to be replaced...

I have had issues with the dealerships, installed fuel filter wrong (didn't seal o-ring) took 5ish trips to fix window I busted out correctly (I don't blame FORD moco, just moreso the dealer, even though, my fault for busting it out) Another time scheduling me on a Saturday, come to find out they didn't have diesel mechanics Saturdays

I've dealt with some crap, but one dealership (or chain) can't necessarily be a representation of ALL Ford dealerships, nor can it be a representation of Ford as in the people that built my truck..

Also, all dealership issues were fixed free of charge under warranty.

Lastly, I remember when I signed up for my extended warranty they said I could cancel it prior to it coming into effect for a full refund. Also, I threatened to cancel it after problems with a dealership once and they never told me I couldn't lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.