Itching for a new truck! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 04:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Itching for a new truck!

I have some time to kill and have entertained the thought of a new truck.

Currently I have a 05 Ford powerstroke XLT, 90K miles. I am the original owner. It has issues that need to be taken care of in the near future. I have the studs, ERG delete, oil cooler and all the other parts sitting on the work bench. Just waiting for warm weather.

I like the idea of working on the truck, but I haven't been a spring chicken for many, many years. I am slowing down and all work is harder than it used to be.

So I thought I would just look a bit at the F250/350 with the 6.7. I in no way need a truck this size. I no longer have a boat to haul, quit the construction business many years ago and simply would use this as my DD.

I have been driving a full size PU for 35+ years and old habits are hard to break. I need help! Do I fix my truck that I love or get a pretty much loaded new truck. Is it worth it. I don't want any surprises with the 6.7. Tell me why I should get a new truck, I already know of several thousand $$$$$ reasons not too.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The only reason I cant think of is new car smell. Its hard to duplicate caue I havent smelled a care freshner yet that get's it right.
Honestly I cant think if a good reason to just buy a $60k plus truck if you dont need one. Then with the new DPF flds and the high cost of diesel thats a spendy just for fun toy.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:52 AM

Do you love trucks and enjoy a nice vehicle? For many that's a justifiable reason.

For practicality purposes you in no way need a new truck. However with the low miles you drive the 6.7 should be great and last a long time, hopefully trouble free.

I love vehicles in general. I'm 25 and my f250 is probably my 10th auto and ive had 3 motorcycles as well.

Did I "need" them? No. But I sure enjoyed them. I also wasted some money on many lol. Other than cost, these 6.7's are just great trucks. I love mine as a DD. Longest I've ever had a vehicle was a mustang for a couple years. If this truck keeps running like it has been I see no reason I won't keep it till 150k-200k miles.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 AM

Personally I would just fix it...doesn't sound like ya need a new one...and buying a brand spanking new one just to dd seems like a waste...and more then likely your not gonna get wat you want for your truck...but it's all up to you so if a new would make ya happy and you can afford it...go for it
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 AM

I have a saying that I live by and that is, "you only live once". If you WANT it and can afford it then get it. You can't take this stuff with you but you sure as hell can enjoy it while you're here.

It's definitely a hard decision when you have something that's already paid for. It was for me. I ended up selling my 06 privately and put 99% toward the new one. Worked out good. Got a much lower affordable payment. Downside was I lost my azz on the 16k+ I put into it. Love the new ride and I would do it all over again.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 AM

Brother, if you want it, go get it. I'm a medic and I am constantly reminded how short life is. My only suggestion is maybe a 150. Would be cheaper and they are also a sweet ride.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 AM

I consider my F350 a luxury purchase. I use its' capacities maybe 10 times per year. But man...I just love having it and having a diesel. Every day I get into it I am reminded what hard work can yield...realizing something you wanted and planned for and saved for...and enjoying it!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a soft spot for the six oh..But if you where thinking of a new I would wait for the 2015s sounds like some motor work has been done for my power.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucpa111 View Post
I consider my F350 a luxury purchase. I use its' capacities maybe 10 times per year. But man...I just love having it and having a diesel. Every day I get into it I am reminded what hard work can yield...realizing something you wanted and planned for and saved for...and enjoying it!
Haha I use mines capabilities maybe 5 times a year, but I have it when I need it! I live in a 42' 5th wheel I travel in full time for work. However I only move a few times a year lol. I like having it in case I need it shortly or unexpected...
Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 AM

I would get a new one although ive always loved 6.0s. If you plan on keeping it for a long time you will appreciate the upgraded interiors the 6.7 has. You also have to make sure you want to have the payment of the new truck too. Ive been thinking about trading in my '11 on a new CCLB KR my dealer just got in but im in the middle of a career change and moving so thats on hold for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.