2010 or New - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2010 or New

So the question has probably been asked multiple times but, what's your opinion,

2010 F250 6.4 "loaded", stock, and with 20,000 miles or new off the lot 6.7?

Haven't seen the truck in person yet but sounds like it is a pretty high trim level. New would be either a 14 or 15. The 10 has been lightly driven and would be approximately 1/2 the price of new. So what's your thoughts? And if I asked in the 6.4 section would I get a significantly different answer??

PV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I highly doubt that the 10' would be half the price of 14/15 based on similar options and the miles that the 10' has. Every loaded out 9/10' that I have seen is still in the high 30's if not some $40K's. There was not that big of a price difference between used 6.4 and 6.7's for me to even consider the 6.4's. While I do know that 6.7's haven't been out as long as the 6.4's. I've already heard a lot more good things about the 7's then the 4's.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Actually it is right at half the price of a new 14 6.7. Truck is not posted yet and found out about it through a buddy of mine. Thanks for the input, I too seem to be hearing quite a few good things about the 6.7 but that is mostly where I have been hanging around on the forums. I know the 6.4 is easier to delete and can make more power but not sure how important that is to me. Still deciding... Any other opinions? Thoughts?

PV
Old 01-08-2014, 09:55 PM

From personal experience, the 6.4 is a great engine IF you delete it, if you leave it stock its nothing but problems. The 6.7 is great either way. Mine is stock but I have read many things from people that have theirs deleted that it is better than stock.

If you want the most power go 6.4, delete it with a minimaxx tuner. Those are almost up to 600 horsepower 1200ft/lbs torque with just a tuner.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:05 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well if you found one for half the price that seems like a good deal. You could do a lot of work to make up the other half for the 6.7. While I really have nothing against 6.4's in stock form besides fuel mileage. I feel ford would stand behind a 6.7 more. I'm going to try and keep this 6.7 as close to stock as possible.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the info. I would be planning on deleting it probably right away as I doubt there is any warranty left. And with only 20k miles I was hoping/assuming not a lot of damage has been done at this point. Right now I'm thinking for the money it is really hard to justify a new one. But I haven't looked at it yet in person and he may not be willing to sell it to me for that price, that might have been an offer to just our mutual friend. And of course this is assuming the mutual friend doesn't decide to buy it. Although at this point he is thinking no.

PV
Old 01-09-2014, 05:54 AM

I just stepped up into a 2011 from an 08', hands down the 6.7 is a much better truck. I tuned and deleted my 6.4( not running a hot tune) but the response of the 6.7 off the line was much greater than the 6.4. Depends what you are going for here. Want a fast truck? Go with a tuned and deleted 6.4. Personally, I'm thrilled I even made the switch. I'm already getting much better gas mileage with more power.
The Following User Says Thank You to 7upstang For This Useful Post:
pura vida (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good to know, thanks. I do really like the new trucks but damn that is a lot of money... Even if it will be a "company" truck. On the other hand I'm not sure how concerned I am about huge power as I am pretty happy with my 100hp tune on my Dmax and would be more interested in increased efficiency than straight raw power. But raw power is fun...

PV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.