NEW Truck Decision - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW Truck Decision

I have placed my order for an F-350 Super Duty. I ordered a Silver and Sterling Gray Accent F-350 Lariat. It has Snow Plow Package, Roof Clearance Lights, Premium 20in Wheels, Lariat Interior Package, 3.55 Locking Axle, FX4 Package, Chrome 5 inch cab steps, Heated Rear Seat, Dual Alternators, Rapid Cab Heater, Engine Block Heater, Splash Guards. My price out the door is $58,055.

My dilemma now is should I have gotten the Platinum Edition because of where I am price wise in the end on this truck? I have until the Jan. 2nd to change my order.

Silver or Black. I could have had an F-350 Platinum for $60,833 with no heated rear seat or $60,509 with no dual alternators or rear heated seat.

I could have even got did a F-250 Platinum Edition Black or Silver for $60,248.
I could have had an F-250 Platinum for $59,992 with no heated rear seat or $59,992 with no dual alternators or rear heated seat.

All prices are X-plan.
My budget was $60,000. One reason I kind of didn't get the Platinum because I would have to get a new tonneau cover (I have get a new Undercover Tonneau because the Platinum have the tailgate step and my current truck does not. I was hoping to save some money by just swapping covers.
I need this truck to tow my 20ft enclosed car hauler with my Mustang (about 7000lbs with car it it) and 18ft open landscape trailer with my zero turns on.
What do you think? Did i make the right decision? Is there anything I you think I ordered and didn't need or something I didn't think of? I really tried to do my homework but couldn't really find of clear differences in the F250 and F350. The F350 really seemed to sit higher in both in front and back (I can see a difference in the space between the tire and fender). Thanks for any input you have.

Last edited by mach14604; 12-28-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 02:33 PM

what is the difference between the lariat and the platinum?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdskidoo View Post
what is the difference between the lariat and the platinum?
The Platinum is a Lariat with different options. Heated steering wheel, chrome bed hooks, satin finish front grille, F-150 wheels and tailgate insert, and Tuxedo stitching on the seats. I could have bought one but the wheels and the tailgate didn't cut it for me. All 3 upper level packages are Lariat but you have the Platinum and the King Ranch upgrades. For the price of the Platinum, Ford should have at least included the rear heated seats. I can't imagine anybody ever saying, "Man I wish my truck Didn't have rear heated seat's!" I don't think the Moonroof is included either. Back in the day, the Lariat's came with seat's that had the name Lariat stitched into them. Now-a-day's The Lariat is just an upgrade from the XLT. I hope Ford isn't going the way of Toyota!!!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:51 PM

for me the only one of those options that would entice me to consider the platinum is the heated steering wheel. I agree, you would think the platinum would include the rear heated seats. what I would do is price up the lariat with the options you want (which it looks like you've done) and then price up a platinum and see what your missing with the platinum that you want. it sounds like you're getting more of the options you wanted for less money with the lariat and more of what you didn't want for more money with the platinum. I would stick with the lariat.

and I agree with you. I'm buying a 350 why would I want 150 wheels?
The Following User Says Thank You to kdskidoo For This Useful Post:
Trigger01 (12-28-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdskidoo View Post
for me the only one of those options that would entice me to consider the platinum is the heated steering wheel. I agree, you would think the platinum would include the rear heated seats. what I would do is price up the lariat with the options you want (which it looks like you've done) and then price up a platinum and see what your missing with the platinum that you want. it sounds like you're getting more of the options you wanted for less money with the lariat and more of what you didn't want for more money with the platinum. I would stick with the lariat.

and I agree with you. I'm buying a 350 why would I want 150 wheels?
Man, your right on the money with that recommendation. I bought my fully loaded Lariat with everything I wanted for $52k. The Platinum's aren't even close to that price. I hope the folk's who have bought the Platinum's sure are enjoying those heated steering wheel's, cause they Paid for them.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 AM

The black Platinums look bad *** IMO. My worry that I have is the bumpers are painted. I had a 2008 F-250 FX4 Package that had painted bumpers and stone chips and bugs really beat up on the front bumper and didn't look good after a few years. i kind of don't want to go down that road again.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:20 PM

I have a 2012 Lariat of basically what you ordered (I ordered mine). I also have supplemental heat which I really enjoy in the winter. If you are where it's cold you'll enjoy that. Are you going long bed or short? I went with a long bed. I also have the 5th wheel prep. No snow plow package though. I have the chrome package.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:26 PM

I might be off some here but 3.55's are pretty tall gears for any real pullin aren't they?
Old 12-29-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
I might be off some here but 3.55's are pretty tall gears for any real pullin aren't they?
I'm no expert on gearing, but with these engines I don't see a problem
Old 12-29-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach14604 View Post
The black Platinums look bad *** IMO. My worry that I have is the bumpers are painted. I had a 2008 F-250 FX4 Package that had painted bumpers and stone chips and bugs really beat up on the front bumper and didn't look good after a few years. i kind of don't want to go down that road again.
This would be my fear with painted bumpers as well. I think that you should order the truck that makes the most sense for you. If you like the all black look, you can always do a paint-to-match grill and bumpers down the road with the money you saved on the bed cover, without paying additional interest money on a higher loan payment. Vinyl wrapping seems to be popular also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.