Highest miles - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Highest miles

Ok, who knows of some 11-14s that have some really high miles on them, any one really know someone with over 250 k, not fleet trucks or specialty rigs, just basically stock trucks ( no deletes) that have rocked the miles away and are still pulling strong?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 AM

I know of 1 6.7L that was on the army forum that had like 506,000 miles and still going strong. Completely stock if memory serves me. It was an '11 supercab or CC not sure. You could tell by the looks of the driver seat the guy was in it ALL the time. He mentioned having 1 or 2 minor issues during all that time but that was it. Yup, over 500,000 miles! So my question is this, how bad is the emissions stuff on our truck's really???
Old 12-28-2013, 06:08 AM

Roger that!

That's what I'm talking about!

I may be a little weird, but it is actually REALLY NICE to be able to start my new truck in my garage in the winter and not fill it up with smoke. My 7.3 was awesome , but I don't have a big garage. A long 2 car is all, and it's not heated...always stays about 20 degrees warmer than outside because it is attached and insulated. And I just always had to park her outside and plug her in instead of leaving her in the garage in the winter because of the smoke. (the wind in my city blows right into the garage and keeps the smoke in there)

My new 6.7 cranks right up and nary a smell! AWESOME. I actually enjoy the lack of smell and smoke, IF the truck is reliable , I'll be happy. 400/800 is awesome!

Keep the high mileage reports coming in!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 AM

The fellow that had the 506,000 mile post was a hot shot driver running between Texas and North Dakota with supplies for the oil industry. So it was pretty much all hiway miles. But still pretty impressive.

I've seen other guys who have hit the 150,000 to 175,000 mile number. both of them lost engines ( the reason for their post) if I remember right to sucking valves or glow plugs into the cylinder and destroying a piston.

I'm over a 100,000 and the truck is running great.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have a 120K on mine with no engine problems, it will go in Monday for the first repair it has ever had. The seal is leaking on the main steering gear shaft, no way to get just the seal so it is $1100 complete steering gear plus labor and alignment.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by probuilder View Post
I have a 120K on mine with no engine problems, it will go in Monday for the first repair it has ever had. The seal is leaking on the main steering gear shaft, no way to get just the seal so it is $1100 complete steering gear plus labor and alignment.

Awesome to hear of 120K and no issues! do you tow?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverp View Post
Awesome to hear of 120K and no issues! do you tow?
I tow all the time, Usually hooked up to my enclosed construction trailer that weighs 14K or my 5'er that weighs 16K.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:22 AM

I've got 120K on an 11' 250 and just had the nox sensor replaced. Also had a radiator replaced under warranty like around 50K miles. Other than that good to go. I started a thread asking about pros and cons of a delete, not to many replies. I too like to leave things alone, but everyone says the EPA stuff is killing the engine. For now may leave well enough alone.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Stroker 8" View Post
I know of 1 6.7L that was on the army forum that had like 506,000 miles and still going strong. Completely stock if memory serves me. It was an '11 supercab or CC not sure. You could tell by the looks of the driver seat the guy was in it ALL the time. He mentioned having 1 or 2 minor issues during all that time but that was it. Yup, over 500,000 miles! So my question is this, how bad is the emissions stuff on our truck's really???
I think the emissions stuff is junk and will eventually lead to numerous problems for the "average" daily driver...that said, a truck that can pull daily or log alot of highway miles might not have as many issues as these trucks were designed to work and I believe the systems function better when a load is applied or run for extended periods of time.

I deleted at 10k miles and replaced my intercooler elbow with the H&S steel kit and the throttle body valve was so full of soot that it was almost not able to open/close. Hard to believe after only 10k miles, I'd hate to know my engine was digesting that crap, can't be good for it.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpilot View Post
I think the emissions stuff is junk and will eventually lead to numerous problems for the "average" daily driver...that said, a truck that can pull daily or log alot of highway miles might not have as many issues as these trucks were designed to work and I believe the systems function better when a load is applied or run for extended periods of time.

I deleted at 10k miles and replaced my intercooler elbow with the H&S steel kit and the throttle body valve was so full of soot that it was almost not able to open/close. Hard to believe after only 10k miles, I'd hate to know my engine was digesting that crap, can't be good for it.
Did you do a total delete? How many miles have you logged since the delete and what have you gained by doing so. I really want to do this just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before spending the time to do it. It's not the money but more of a question of will it make my engine last longer. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.