Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Highest miles

15K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  AggieStroke 
#1 ·
Ok, who knows of some 11-14s that have some really high miles on them, any one really know someone with over 250 k, not fleet trucks or specialty rigs, just basically stock trucks ( no deletes) that have rocked the miles away and are still pulling strong?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I know of 1 6.7L that was on the army forum that had like 506,000 miles and still going strong. Completely stock if memory serves me. It was an '11 supercab or CC not sure. You could tell by the looks of the driver seat the guy was in it ALL the time. He mentioned having 1 or 2 minor issues during all that time but that was it. Yup, over 500,000 miles! So my question is this, how bad is the emissions stuff on our truck's really???

#9 ·
I know of 1 6.7L that was on the army forum that had like 506,000 miles and still going strong. Completely stock if memory serves me. It was an '11 supercab or CC not sure. You could tell by the looks of the driver seat the guy was in it ALL the time. He mentioned having 1 or 2 minor issues during all that time but that was it. Yup, over 500,000 miles! So my question is this, how bad is the emissions stuff on our truck's really???
I think the emissions stuff is junk and will eventually lead to numerous problems for the "average" daily driver...that said, a truck that can pull daily or log alot of highway miles might not have as many issues as these trucks were designed to work and I believe the systems function better when a load is applied or run for extended periods of time.

I deleted at 10k miles and replaced my intercooler elbow with the H&S steel kit and the throttle body valve was so full of soot that it was almost not able to open/close. Hard to believe after only 10k miles, I'd hate to know my engine was digesting that crap, can't be good for it.

#3 ·
Roger that!

That's what I'm talking about!

I may be a little weird, but it is actually REALLY NICE to be able to start my new truck in my garage in the winter and not fill it up with smoke. My 7.3 was awesome , but I don't have a big garage. A long 2 car is all, and it's not heated...always stays about 20 degrees warmer than outside because it is attached and insulated. And I just always had to park her outside and plug her in instead of leaving her in the garage in the winter because of the smoke. (the wind in my city blows right into the garage and keeps the smoke in there)

My new 6.7 cranks right up and nary a smell! AWESOME. I actually enjoy the lack of smell and smoke, IF the truck is reliable , I'll be happy. 400/800 is awesome!

Keep the high mileage reports coming in!

#4 ·
The fellow that had the 506,000 mile post was a hot shot driver running between Texas and North Dakota with supplies for the oil industry. So it was pretty much all hiway miles. But still pretty impressive.

I've seen other guys who have hit the 150,000 to 175,000 mile number. both of them lost engines ( the reason for their post) if I remember right to sucking valves or glow plugs into the cylinder and destroying a piston.

I'm over a 100,000 and the truck is running great.

#5 ·
I have a 120K on mine with no engine problems, it will go in Monday for the first repair it has ever had. The seal is leaking on the main steering gear shaft, no way to get just the seal so it is $1100 complete steering gear plus labor and alignment.

#8 ·
I've got 120K on an 11' 250 and just had the nox sensor replaced. Also had a radiator replaced under warranty like around 50K miles. Other than that good to go. I started a thread asking about pros and cons of a delete, not to many replies. I too like to leave things alone, but everyone says the EPA stuff is killing the engine. For now may leave well enough alone.

#13 ·
Delete

That's what I'm sayin. It just seems like not that many people want to talk about it, I don't know maybe it's just me. I spoke with the tech at the dealership about it he said he don't recommend it and that most of the problems he's seen are minor repairs like sensors. He said if it were deleted they wouldn't be able to take it on trade or even sell it for that matter. Personally I don't know that I would buy one that has been deleted. It would look at it as a truck that has been tampered with and would be concerned about who performed the work. It would be different if we were talking about a 5,000.00 vehicle. Just sayin.

#16 ·
I got tired of it going into regen when I was pulling into the driveway! something about seeing the egts hitting 1250 so I would drive around for 10 more miles to let it finish and cool down, before shutting it off when I could.! I am sure it will extend the life of the motor with all the crap gone!. I Kept all the junk incase I ever trade it in . but I kept my 97 for 14 years and it was still running strong when I sold it for my 2012. I only did the plates for now .on the egr. I do not have time to do the full delete at tis time . I did pick up about 2 mpg . I deleted @ 11.000 miles and glad I did. I am running stock power setting ( plenty of power for pulling my 12,000 GN)

#18 ·
I have 40 k on my truck and have been deleted since 5k and drive everyday in Houston and I have no issues with engine or trans.

#20 ·
Pull into any inspection and play dumb and be silent. They dont check diesels in Texas except for lights, wipers, and horns. Its only $14.95

If you are really worried just go to A+ in Tomball. they will pass you no problem.

#21 ·
I run hotshot from HOUSTON all over the US, been deleted since 15K miles. Had an intercooler failure that led to blown head gaskets at 91k miles, fixed under warranty. Sitting at 127xxx miles now and adding about 2800 a week towing a 40' gooseneck (9500 lbs) loaded with anywhere from 10-15k lbs on it (gross 30-35k lbs). So far, everything is running great. Maxed out weight wise I average about 8.2 mpg, pulling the trailer empty at 68 I get 14 mpg, and bobtail I can get 19ish if I can keep my foot out of it. Fully deleted (DPF & EGR). I run apportioned plates & get DOT inspections, which are even more in depth than normal inspections. So far I have had zero problems getting inspected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.