Reverse Sensor Issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reverse Sensor Issues

My sensors are constantly going off in reverse. It seems like the first time I back up out of my driveway they go off and generally get better as I drive and backup again. Is there something I can do to re-calibrate them or something?

This has been an ongoing issue since I bought the truck in Febuary this year and since then I also added a ranch hand rear replacement with no change in how they currently act.

I would take it to the dealer but I am afraid they would screw me around since the bumper was added even though it did it with the stocker bumper too. I just forgot to have them take a look before I had the back bumper done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My sensors beep a couple times when I first put it in reverse. Im not a fan of them either, they go off if they are dirty or snowy which is 5 months a year here and when you back up to a trailer. I wish I could get rid of them all together.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Is your driveway on slant? They could explain part of the issue?
Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM

That is a good point, it is at a slight slant (3 or 4 degrees) but not horrible. I have noticed that mine goes off when there is like a small mud puddle behind me or something like that too. I will pay closer attention to if I am sitting flat though. I know my 2006 F-150 backup sensors were nowhere as bad as this.

It will go off in perfectly flat parking lots as well with nothing around too though just not as bad. It's always a consistent beep then when i get really close to something it gets worse.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:51 PM

Sounds like one or more of your sensors are broken. They are quite finicky at the best of times. Unfortunately, these sensors are quite expensive and it's hit or miss as to whether they work and for how long. I got a quote for $500 to replace two broken sensors (parts and labor). That doesn't include the hour I already paid for them to diagnose what I knew was a bad sensor. Just didn't know which one or how many were bad.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:19 PM

Yes new from the dealer they are like $100 pop. But you can find them on Ebay other sites for $30 or so each. I broke one and had to replace it. bought off ebay and it has worked fine

I do have a problem early in the mornings when there is frost on the windshield. Seems to also frost the sensors and trigger them.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
But you can find them on Ebay other sites for $30 or so each.
Do you remember the seller's name? Would love to get my hands on two replacement sensors without spending an arm and a leg. Looked at Sunrise Ford's website as they're a sponsor here but they want $108/piece.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:03 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I ranch handed my rear on one of my other trucks, I had to do a lot of playing with the depth they were mounted at and they were very very touchy... I put a camera in and generally just turned them off...
Old 12-23-2013, 04:28 PM

I don't remember who I bought them from. I just did a search for Ford Reverse Sensor and founds lots of sellers, Most for about $17 each

2pc New Ford Reverse Backup Parking Sensor 4F23 15K859 AA 3F2Z 15K859 Ba | eBay
Old 12-23-2013, 06:00 PM

Anybody know if there is a way to permanently turn them off? I know you can switch them off while in reverse but they come back on after you put it in reverse again. They become real irritating when you have to back out of your sloped driveway and when there always caked in dirt cause you have to drive a few miles of dirt roads just to leave your house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.