Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

My Truck Update

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  awg8 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to do a little update on my truck and how my mild build is coming. The truck is a 2012 F250 CCSB Lariat pretty loaded except nav.

Exterior
Tinted front windows 35% to match rears
Ford rain guards
Recon CFL Projector headlights
Recon smoked third brake light
Recon smoked side view mirror lenses
Recon smoked cab lights
Recon LED optical smoked driving lights
Recon projector back up light kit
Truxedo low pro qt tonneau cover
Truxedo tonneau mate Hidden Tool box
Deezee Invisarack

Performance
AFE green drop in Filter
Street Diesel Performance resonated DPF delete pipe
Street Diesel Performance EGR block off kit with pyro
Spartan 120hp Tune

Suspension and Brakes
Icon stage 1 leveling kit (soon to be installed)
Icons adjustable track bar (soon to be installed)
Icon steering stabilizer (soon to be installed)
Stock brakes

Wheels and Tires
Stock 20" chrome clad wheels
285-65-20" BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO's

Interior
Spartan dash daq
Passport 8500i radar detector
Kenwood I data link sync compatible in dash navigation (in near future)

Few other things I would like to do but don't know how far I am willing to go. I would like to possibly switch spartan tuner to h&s, and remove the chrome side view mirror covers and change to plain flat black plastic ones or tuxedo black and possibly paint or wrap the chrome bumpers. Other then that she is almost done.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Got raped by recon eh. Man those headlights are terrible :punish2:
Not sure what to look at, looks like 100% stock truck to me. Trucks here come from the dealer with 5x more accessories .
But hey you got a great truck there. Enjoy it

#5 ·
How are the headlights? Brighter than stock with the HID'S? Looks to me like you have added a lot of aftermarket stuff. Not sure what matty21's dealers put on trucks; must be a lot! Once your level kit is on, it will totally change your trucks looks. Nice build keep it up.

#6 ·
They are much dimmer then stock with the factory bulbs. You literally had to always keep the fogs on too with the low beams. But with the hids it's brighter then stock and gives off a much wider light pattern. I am sure the cleared out recon ones are fine with stock bulbs. Just the smoked lenses I guess effect the stock bulbs poorly. I am hoping these 285/65/20's will look big enough once the truck is leveled. Reason why I refer to this as a mild build. Is because it would be easy for me to throw big rims and fat tires and a big lift. But truck is my DD and I own a construction company and throughout a normal day I drive a lot. In 8 months I have 18k miles on truck. I get in and out of it 20 times a day easy sometimes. While i am doing my site visits usually at 3 or 4 different jobs daily. So I don't want the truck to be too big to where it's hard getting in and out and the gas mileage goes to crap. I am still trying to maintain functionality and versatility. Hence the rack,cover, toolbox combo. Very stealthy setup I worked with truxedo on.

#8 ·
I am not trying to trash you guys with the recons just trying to educate so people don't get ripped off paying $600+ for junk headlights when you can do a real quality retrofit for <$400

For example :
Difference between just putting HID PnP kit in factory reflectors vs proper projectors.notice that any light above the projector cutoff is glare for oncoming vehicles, which can be blinding.

Here is the recon projector output( next three pictures), yes they prevent light above the cutoff but poorly light up the road thanks to cheap projectors and bad optics. Notice the hot spots and how terribly narrow the light pattern is, you can't see s__t on either side of the road.

Now compare the previous pictures of terrible output to a real HID projector retrofit. Here's a real projector output. Notice how uniform the light is, no hot spots, or glare and nice wide beam with a sharp cutoff all the way from left to right.

#10 · (Edited)
Oh I'm so so Sorry :kiss:

Enjoy your basic truck and Chinese lights:thumb:
Btw, this question was asked ->
. How are the headlights? Brighter than stock with the HID'S?
And I provided an answer. But I didn't realize you were so over-sensitive.

#11 ·
Oh I'm so so Sorry :kiss:

Enjoy your basic truck and Chinese lights:thumb:
Btw, this question was asked ->
And I provided an answer. But I didn't realize you were so over-sensitive.
Would you talk like this face to face? :dunno:

#12 ·
I'm not looking to get into a argument with someone over an Internet forum. I just posted my truck to share with other members what I consider to be a tasteful build. People do all different builds from mild to wild. Mine happens to be a mild one. For the reason that Its my daily driver. Sorry, why don't you take your beef up with recon. Like I said so far knock on wood I have not had any problems with any of their stuff.

#13 ·
Looks good! I too have looked into the recon stuff! Your money, your truck!

Not sure how it "looks like a stock truck" lol according to matty. some guys got to bash on others stuff just cause they can.

Post up some pics with the leveling kit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.