Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bilstein shocks

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  southernman13 
#1 ·
I ordered a set of shocks for my 2011 f250 4x4 4wd 4door sb. I have a 2" leveling kit on the front and I told the dude at 4 wheel parts when I ordered them. Im having a he'll of a time installing them. I didn't install the leveling kit myself and I see on the bottom shock mount there looks like a 2" almost home made looking shock extension that bolts to the original shock mount and extends up about 2". Is this an add on foe the leveling kit or was it already in place because I never paid any attention to it prior to installing these shocks. I was able to get one shock on finally, but I was concerned that maybe it was to compressed with this extension in place. Im wondering if I have stock length bilstein shocks or if they are 2" longer because I ordered them for a 2" leveled truck. Now that I've confused everyone does anyone know. Thanks. Oh I ended up hooking a strap to the front bumper eye hook and lifting the truck up with my forklift to install the shock rather than fight to compress it. I was a biatch trying to get it compressed and pushed into the mount, at least it was for me.

#2 ·
yes that lil extension is an add on with the leveling kit... some companies IE Ready Lift do that so you can still use factory Shocks with a leveling kit. IF they sent you shocks for a truck with 2" of lift then take those off and you should be fine....

#4 ·
What's the part # for the Bilstein's you ordered? I just went through h*ll trying to get the right ones. I finally got it figured out. Apparently, Bilstein changed part numbers for the same shock I needed. I had to make a buttload of calls to figure out if the ones I received were right. I think mine were sitting in a warehouse for a while because they had a super old part #. I know more about Bilstein shocks now than I ever cared to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.