F450 vs. Ram 3500 Aisin Equipped - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F450 vs. Ram 3500 Aisin Equipped

Just came across this... seems as though the previous test wasnt using the Aisin equipped Ram, but the lower powered 68RFE equipped version.
The King of Beasts Tow Test Is Live - PickupTrucks.com News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2013, 05:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Pretty impressive to say the least. However I will never own a Dodge again.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannysouza View Post
Pretty impressive to say the least. However I will never own a Dodge again.
Why is that? Must of had some really bad luck. I have had great luck with my 2006. I would of bought a new Ram but pricing in my area was horrible, so I ordered a new 2014 F350. I am really looking forward to the new truck, but Ram has really made some good improvements. Hope I don't get bashed for saying that on here. Just my opinion.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanscat View Post
Just came across this... seems as though the previous test wasnt using the Aisin equipped Ram, but the lower powered 68RFE equipped version.
The King of Beasts Tow Test Is Live - PickupTrucks.com News
That test was so bogus.
The Ford used was equipped with 4:30 rears, compared to 3:70 in the GM. I'm not sure what the Ram was using, but it wasn't 4:30-1
Total lie in performance advantage. I would love to see similar speced trucks in a test so it isn't so obviously slanted.
Just once, and I don't mean to single out Ford, but it would be nice to conduct on merit instead of insulting the consumers intelligence.

Personally, I would have no problem with the Ram. I owned one, and although it was a few years ago, the truck was tough as nails.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
That test was so bogus.
The Ford used was equipped with 4:30 rears, compared to 3:70 in the GM. I'm not sure what the Ram was using, but it wasn't 4:30-1
Total lie in performance advantage. I would love to see similar speced trucks in a test so it isn't so obviously slanted.
Just once, and I don't mean to single out Ford, but it would be nice to conduct on merit instead of insulting the consumers intelligence.

Personally, I would have no problem with the Ram. I owned one, and although it was a few years ago, the truck was tough as nails.
I would think the 4.30 rear end in the ford would give it a towing advantage over the dodge. I have had an '11 and '12 longhorn ram duallys and swore them off. My buddy has a '13 and it looks like a nice truck and does much better on fuel. The selectable exhaust brake and def gauge would be a nice feature for fords

Brett
Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman3 View Post
Why is that? Must of had some really bad luck. I have had great luck with my 2006. I would of bought a new Ram but pricing in my area was horrible, so I ordered a new 2014 F350. I am really looking forward to the new truck, but Ram has really made some good improvements. Hope I don't get bashed for saying that on here. Just my opinion.
Extremely bad experience. Have they made improvements, maybe. Will I every buy another one, Never.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:17 PM

the 4:30 in the Ford would give it a mechanical advantage over the Rams 4:10.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
That test was so bogus.

What are you talking about? The GM wasn't even part of this test. Did you even read the article?

As for the the test, the anemic GT32 turbo strikes again as the ford ran out of air at altitude again. The Ram puts out more power at altitude.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 AM

I think when they test the 450 next time, they'll be in for a surprised for sure. Especially since it will be an actual 450 not just a bigger 350.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-23-2013, 06:15 PM

I thought it was a pretty good test.. seemed to be one of the "more unbiased" ones. Both trucks seem to have their strong suites. Atleast they were up front and clearly stated that they knew the two vehicles had many differences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.