2013 F250 4X4 Extreme Rough Ride - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 F250 4X4 Extreme Rough Ride

Hey Guys - I have seen previous posts in the past about "the wobble" but i just don't think that's the issue with my truck. It's more like the feeling of running on ruts. Our freeways are pretty rough in CA and when driving at 70 it feels like the shocks just aren't compressing at all. On smooth roads the truck is fine. So, I am thinking it's simply the fact there is no weight in the rear, slightly overinflated tires, but my question to the group is.

How much do you think dumping the stock Rancho Shocks for the higher end Bilsteins would make a big difference? Also, question about overall suspension. Thinking about three inch full suspension lift and going to 33's. How much do you think that will soften it?

Thanks all!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Going to 33"s with a 3" lift?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:58 PM

You'll want 35s on a smaller wheel like 17 or 18. Find a lighter tire as well and it might ride smoother. The stock tires are over 34 inches tall.

2 inch lift will fit that, there are some softer riding lifts out there, research them.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

What wheels and tires are you running and at what pressure?

What is the cab/bed configuration of your truck?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the note and sorry for the delay. Was on a biz trip. My truck is stock, so I looked at a lift kit as an option this past weekend. Going 4-6 inch lift with 35's. I am also picking up this new storage system called a DECKED that adds about 200 to the whole bed. So, hoping this softens things for me.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So, I went to 4-Wheel Parts as they are one of the only shops here in town. I was thinking of their Pro-Comp Stage 1, lift kit with Bilstein Shocks, but was also looking at either King or Fox. I don't need it for any hard off-road performance...

Appreciate the thoughts on 35's with the smaller wheel...that should soften things up.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

35's on a smaller wheel (with lower pressure) along with a little extra weight in the bed will help for sure.

Don't expect to get much ride improvement with most lifts and in some cases it can get worse. The kind of stuff that they sell at 4 wheel parts are purely to get the truck taller and/or look cool.

For 35's I would suggest staying around 2.5" of lift and running a "suspension system" like Carli or Pure Performance. Their stuff is actually designed to improve the ride and performance while lifting the truck.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Talked to the guy today at 4WheelParts - He recommend going with a 4 inch FabTech lift with Dirt Logic shocks. I will check out the two other companies you noted tonight. I haven't heard of them. I will be at SEMA this week as well, so I will check them all out.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:42 PM

I would do something like a 2.5 inch leveling kit, new track bar, f350 rear blocks and leaf pack in the rear. Bilstein shocks. 17 inch wheels and 35 inch tires. You might be even able to go to D load rated 315/70/17 All Terrains if the load rating is ok on them.

Leaf pack should help smooth out the rear some because it should remove the overload springs and take up some of the lift block spacing. On most 4 inch lifts they rely on blocks to lift the rear which mess up the ride. No wild cards on the front if you keep the stock front springs as well.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.