blue-ish smoke - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Trinity, California
Posts: 712
Thanks: 2
Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
blue-ish smoke

Anyone ever see alil blue-ish smoke come out of their deleted trucks I've only seen in twice both times engine was cold and it was when holding it around 1500rpm in neutral , the truck only has 1000 miles so I figured it was a break in issue but I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine is at 16k miles and it still does it when cold. Just a light NON blue haze though. Why would you hold a cold truck at 1500 rpm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Too close to snookie
Posts: 3,486
Thanks: 21
Thanked 57 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013F250Tank View Post
Mine is at 16k miles and it still does it when cold. Just a light NON blue haze though. Why would you hold a cold truck at 1500 rpm?
That would be my question as well.....


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 403
Thanks: 44
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
That would be my question as well.....


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
TO see what happens probably.

Well I hope..

but hey jack how many times have your crawled under your truck for no other reason but just to hang out.
What's worse my dog gets under there and sometimes we take a nap..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Too close to snookie
Posts: 3,486
Thanks: 21
Thanked 57 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchretter View Post
TO see what happens probably.

Well I hope..

but hey jack how many times have your crawled under your truck for no other reason but just to hang out.
What's worse my dog gets under there and sometimes we take a nap..
Lol someone's been watching duck dynasty. And often


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 403
Thanks: 44
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
Lol someone's been watching duck dynasty. And often


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hey....

You got that right Jack..

HA HA...

Have a good one bro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Trinity, California
Posts: 712
Thanks: 2
Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
haha yall are cracking me up , well actually i was reaching in the back seat to pick up one of my kids toys and my foot slipped off the brake and pushed the gas alil and i saw a small cloud of haze go by my window so i reved it again and looked in the side view to see if it would do it again. Shoooot 1500 RPM aint that bad cold , your telling me you pussy foot around town under 1500 RPM till shes at normal operating temp ?? Or and im the dumb one , im new to the whole powerstoke thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 733
Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 26 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carli'd6.7 View Post
haha yall are cracking me up , well actually i was reaching in the back seat to pick up one of my kids toys and my foot slipped off the brake and pushed the gas alil and i saw a small cloud of haze go by my window so i reved it again and looked in the side view to see if it would do it again. Shoooot 1500 RPM aint that bad cold , your telling me you pussy foot around town under 1500 RPM till shes at normal operating temp ?? Or and im the dumb one , im new to the whole powerstoke thing
Beating on a diesel while its still cold is about the worst thing you can do to one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-17-2013, 06:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Too close to snookie
Posts: 3,486
Thanks: 21
Thanked 57 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSchretter View Post
Hey....

You got that right Jack..

HA HA...

Have a good one bro!
You too bud!

OP, free revving a cold motor is just not good for it. When driving, I generally try to keep my RPMs under 2000 until my truck is warmed up but I never rev my truck in park when cold. Now that I read it was an accident that is understandable.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Trinity, California
Posts: 712
Thanks: 2
Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would in no way would say i beat on it when its cold i just dont think i keep it under 1500 RPM i make it a point not to boost any more than 6-9 PSI until its at full operating temp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors