PickupTrucks.com "KING OF BEASTS" Report: F-450 vs. Ram 3500HD - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:05 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PickupTrucks.com "KING OF BEASTS" Report: F-450 vs. Ram 3500HD

Interesting article...

A former co-worker that I RV with quite often has a new RAM 3500, and I have the new F-450... and we go back & forth all of the time making comparisons between our 2 trucks.

I love my F-450, but will agree with the article in re the downhill braking while towing a load. Having that selectable exhaust brake is a GREAT feature on the Ram trucks. Even in the relatively small mountains here on the east coast, it's quite obvious that sometimes the Powerstroke/TorqShift package isn't quite up to the task. Even with the cruise control set to regulate speed, my truck will constantly exceed the set speed on even the smallest downhill runs... sometimes by more than 10 mph, if you just let it go. You have to manually downshift the tranny or constantly tap the brakes to keep your speed regulated.

Anyway... just thought I would post a link to the article:

King of Beasts: Results - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ram definitely raised the bar significantly. I'm excited to see what Ford does to answer in 2015. No doubt about it, the Ram is nice.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:41 AM

This would have turned out differently if this were a 2010 F450. That was an actual F450.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddude343 View Post
This would have turned out differently if this were a 2010 F450. That was an actual F450.
True.

What I think hurt the Ford again was the turbo at high elevations. Torque has jack-**** to do with climbing those hills at speed. With the Powerstroke having the hp advantage, it flat-out should have won the climb given each truck was in the sweet spot rpm-wise. The stock turbo is the achilles heel at elevation.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:37 AM

I knew the Ram would win. They have just made so many good changes that make it a flat out all around better truck than the F450. Don't doubt me as not being a blue oval patriot, but I am not afraid to admit when a competitor is better and right now the Ram HD lineup is. Hopefully that will change with the coming of the 2015 trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.