2015 powerstroke gt37 turbocharger! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2015 powerstroke gt37 turbocharger!

I'm really curious and want an honest opinion on if you guys think the new gt37 will give mild performance over the current gt32 or will it give an insane boost in performance the specs of the gt37: inducer size of 63.5 with an exducer/ compressor 88/72.5 is that going to be a huge difference or just a mild I just bought my truck and I'm kinda disappointed now that I find this out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 03:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rty-max View Post
I'm really curious and want an honest opinion on if you guys think the new gt37 will give mild performance over the current gt32 or will it give an insane boost in performance the specs of the gt37: inducer size of 63.5 with an exducer/ compressor 88/72.5 is that going to be a huge difference or just a mild I just bought my truck and I'm kinda disappointed now that I find this out!
It's a definite leap forward, but the biggest leap is the increased overall fuel flow potential. The new engine is a huge improvement over all.
The biggest problem with a 12' is a 13'. Biggest problem with a 14' is the 15'.
Enjoy your current ride because there will always be improvements you can't keep up with. I'm still waiting for the redesign, so it looks like I stick what I have for another year. One can't win.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-10-2013, 02:54 PM

If you're in to low end power, the GT32 will most likely kill the GT37 when it comes to more aggressive low end spool. I build 2 to 5lbs of boost at 1000rpms. I doubt the GT37 will match that.

The GT32 definitely runs outta air quickly though where my 6.0l would just be getting going where the 32 left off.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 PM

The 32 pulls loads with ease like no other. Happy with what I have. Specially since I have a tune I'm happy with
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM

I'm looking forward to the GT37. I really like the low-end pull of my 13 but it flat-out runs outta steam at 2800. It feels exactly like a cummins. I miss the pull to 3800 of my 6.0.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hope to have my 15 350 end of April. Give me a few miles pulling 10k boat over mountain s in as and Bill let you know results
Old 02-21-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang77 View Post
Hope to have my 15 350 end of April. Give me a few miles pulling 10k boat over mountain s in as and Bill let you know results
Looking forward to hearing your result's.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscofreak View Post
If you're in to low end power, the GT32 will most likely kill the GT37 when it comes to more aggressive low end spool. I build 2 to 5lbs of boost at 1000rpms. I doubt the GT37 will match that.

The GT32 definitely runs outta air quickly though where my 6.0l would just be getting going where the 32 left off.
What the difference between low-end power and high-end power? I understand the RPM range aspect, but I'm having difficult picturing what situations will see the most benefit.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:42 PM

from what i got out of this is each chargers strong points , (gt32) much shorter power band more boost down low , (gt37) much longer power band through out the rpm range . i could be *** backwards but thats what i got
Old 02-21-2014, 03:57 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhood6.7 View Post
from what i got out of this is each chargers strong points , (gt32) much shorter power band more boost down low , (gt37) much longer power band through out the rpm range . i could be *** backwards but thats what i got
So, does that mean the GT32 would only have more boost at the beginning of each gear shift? Which one would result in less turbo lag? Which one would result in more turbo whistle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.