Lemon Law Buy Back - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Farmerjohn Send a message via Yahoo to Farmerjohn
Lemon Law Buy Back

So a dealer about 3 hours away from me has an 11 ford buy back that was lemon lawed, thinking about seeing what I can get it for.

2011 Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW for sale in Medina - 1FT7W2BT2BEC89663 - Orleans Ford

Maybe someone on here has some info on it? This is the premier forum so thought maybe the owner came here with their issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 04:28 PM

I suppose you could pull the OASIS on it......but the add was enough to just p*ss me right off just reading it. Whoever writes the adds for these things is a F'ing moron.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:14 PM

They emailed me a copy of the oasis but of course it didnt open, corrupt file, so waiting to hear back from them in the a.m
Old 10-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Premium Member

I own a buy back truck myself. joe machens ford in columbia, mo buy and sell a lot of these. In the state of pennyslvania and Cali are the two easiest places to get the manufacturer to buy back a vehicle from what ive read. Get an oasis obviously and see what the situation was. My truck at one time had a nice lift as it had mounts on it for resi shocks and aftermarket grilles, etc. also loaded to the gills. So my guess was the guy wanted out of the truck (mine came from California) and knew the laws. mine had headliner issues....a stain.....and a couple other really stupid things that were cosmetic. had 29000 miles and was almost 3 years old. Only issue i had at first was the steering, the ball joints needed replaced as well as the track bar. Im now sitting at almost 61000 problem free other then my wear and tear. They are supposed to come with a 12000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or a year warranty depending on which comes first with buy back vehicles ON TOP of the remaining factory warranty. SO make sure you check in to that one also, and if you were to want more info call the place i bought mine. They get a lot of these in and out.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wonder what the circumstances are surrounding the truck. It doesn't specifically say it was a lemon law buy-back, just says re-acquired. That could be a dealer financed repossession or something else. The OASIS report should tell all.

Here in Maryland, the lemon law limits are 18 months or 24K miles, and 30+ days in the shop during that time. The truck listed has quite a bit of miles on it and wouldn't qualified in my state no matter how long it's been in the shop.

See if they will toss in a 7/70K ESP or split it with you at least.

Greg
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 PM

Interesting, I'd like to see the Oasis report to see what would cause it to be lemon lawed. Saw the 12K mile sticker and disclaimer so it looks to be a lemon law deal.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:29 PM

So I got the Oasis today, Had a turbo at around 13k, taillight bulb at around 15K and glovebox door at around 25k, Not really sure that constituted lemon law
Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 PM

40,000 for an 2011 is too much money anyways.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 10-09-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmerjohn View Post
So I got the Oasis today, Had a turbo at around 13k, taillight bulb at around 15K and glovebox door at around 25k, Not really sure that constituted lemon law
You would be surprised, if you complain enough they will buy it back. It supposed to be if you bring the vehicle in for the same thing 3 or more times they will by it back. I had a 06 king ranch expedition that was a buy back for wind noise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Bet the Turbo went back out again and it sat in the shop X number of days or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.