Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2011 F250 shaking/hopping on HWY

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  titanrcr 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed multiple times on here...but I have a question. I have 19k on my 2011...no issues thus far until last weekend. I was driving on the highway at about 70mph....all of a sudden out of nowhere the truck acted like I was losing pressure in one tire or I was driving on a gravel road. The truck shook like crazy...thought I would have to pull over and then it quit...lasted about 2 minutes....WTH was that???? Running stock Michelins....which I plan to change very soon.

#7 · (Edited)
If you get under the truck and have someone move the steering wheel back and forth you should see that you have play in the ball joint end of the track bar. Had two friends with low mileage trucks like yours with the exact same problem and both needed new track bars which solved the problem.

So you can put a new Ford trackbar in or go with an aftermarket bar which should take care of it for good.

http://superdutywobble.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.