High Idle Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High Idle Problems

So winter is coming and I live in a cold area so my high idle is important to me. The story of how this happened: I bought the truck in September 2012 used with the high idle already installed with a knob to adjust rpm. My high idle worked every time I flipped the 4th aux. switch right up until I installed my Spartan tuner. It worked that day, installed my tuner and exhaust in the end of February, backed my truck out of the loading bay at my work and flipped the switch as usual... and nothing happened. Flipped the switch several times and still nothing. For the month of March it would work about once every 10 tries. April comes and it works maybe once every 20 tries (yes I tried a lot). May comes and it stopped working completely. So I think its a fuse and Ill get to the fuse before next winter but for the summer it doesn't matter. Junes now here and every once in a while I randomly flip the switch for sh*ts and giggles and nothing. About middle of July I'm digging through my center console while the truck is running and end up bumping my 4th aux switch up and the high idle comes on (my parking brake sensor is disconnected and has been since I bought it so all I have to do is flip up my aux switch and the high idle comes on). Now its the end of August and my dad is borrowing my truck because his has a broke front cv axle, he pulls up to my house in my truck because he forgot something and flips on the high idle and it comes on again. So now I'm not thinking its a fuse because if it was the high idle wouldn't work at all. Could the tuning have anything to do with it?? If any one has any idea of what could be the problem probably has a better guess than me because I have no clue... So any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 05:34 PM

I would lean more towards a loose connection than tune or fuse. To make the high idle mod work there are basically 4 wires connected through the upfitter. You mention the e-brake is bypassed so that would add another couple of wires to check. Here is a link that I used for reference when hooking mine up. It will help you to find the wires, then you can double check all the connections.

SEIC (High Idle) MOD PICTURES

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Steveaux; 09-30-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thanks for the link. I did take a look under my dash back in June and kinda followed the wires around a bit and everything looked fine from what I saw but I didn't look too hard. I'll take another look tomorrow if the day is nice and use the diagram and check everything out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
blown fuse, high idle, spartan, tuning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.