Well were do I go from here - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 03:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well were do I go from here

Well had a sleeping driver hit my truck in a 2011 foucus. Still waiting on the insurance ajuster to look at but good guss it totaled. Trying to weigh my options if it is should get a beater and wait for the 2015's or just order a 2014?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Well were do I go from here-1380540386770.jpg   Well were do I go from here-1380540403048.jpg   Well were do I go from here-1380540427095.jpg   Well were do I go from here-1380540543522.jpg   Well were do I go from here-1380540583774.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 03:46 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Damn that sucks.

At least you're ok. As far as if they total it what to do next that's up to you. I'm not sure what I would do in your situation at all so I'm not help.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:48 AM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow, there isn't a lot of body damage considering how hard the impact was on the rear end. Hopefully the other driver wasn't hurt also.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 056oh View Post
Well had a sleeping driver hit my truck in a 2011 foucus. Still waiting on the insurance ajuster to look at but good guss it totaled. Trying to weigh my options if it is should get a beater and wait for the 2015's or just order a 2014?

For the vehicle to be totaled by the ins co, there has to be enough repair work to justify not writing a 50k check. Don't be surprised if they don't total it. Honestly, that is not a big repair, and they will probably fix it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 09-30-2013, 03:55 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If they want to fix it make them use genuine ford parts. Don't let them use the aftermarket parts to fix it. You will have to argue with them and probably fight with them but it will be worth it in the end.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post
If they want to fix it make them use genuine ford parts. Don't let them use the aftermarket parts to fix it. You will have to argue with them and probably fight with them but it will be worth it in the end.

DITTO!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaslord84 View Post

Agree. I was thinking that isn't a lot of damage really. If it bent the frame that might change things a little. Of course they could straighten that out too. Good luck!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 AM

Only ford parts will be used not risking voiding my 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. Im little worried about axle bearings and the break system now im pretty shure it brake fluid on the ground so the break system is open and will sitting exposed to the elemnts for who knows how long, b4 the insurance company's work this out.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 AM

For most insurance companies to call it totaled the repairs have to exceed 75-80% of retail value of the vehicle. I know having an accident sucks but from the looks of the pictures its probably far from that much damage. ike others have said thought make sure they use genuine ford parts.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd View Post
For most insurance companies to call it totaled the repairs have to exceed 75-80% of retail value of the vehicle. I know having an accident sucks but from the looks of the pictures its probably far from that much damage. ike others have said thought make sure they use genuine ford parts.
I would agree in most cases but I recently saw photos of a 2011 F350 with damage very similar to this one that was totaled (there was some frame damage on that one though). To me it seems anymore that insurance companies would rather write the check and total the vehicle than fix it, I've seen a lot of rigs with what I would consider minor, repairable damage get totaled. It's a shame really.
OP is the axle bent or cracked at all, or did the impact just push it back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.