Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Back pressure

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  WoodBoy 
#1 ·
Okay I recently had the entire valve pack replaced on my 2011 due to rough shifting issues with the tranny. For about a day after I got it back from the dealer my truck rolled very well like it had no back pressure and my fuel mileage went to thru the roof. Then over the last two weeks the back pressure returned and dropped my mileage back to normal. Is there any way to reduce back pressure on this truck so it will coast a little better going down hill?? Tired of always having to keep my foot in it. Thanks for any thoughts
John

#2 ·
I think what you are seeing is the TC staying locked in like it is supposed to. I am sure you could contact SPE and they would be willing to make a custom tune for you. If you didn't want to delete your truck, you could call Innovative Diesel and see what Eric says

#8 ·
Lol quit calling it backpressure you are going to be confusing people. It is your torque convertor staying locked in like it is supposed to. I know the way mine locks, if I let off the gas and try to let it coast it will slow till about 45 mph then unlock and coast like it is in neutral. With the amount of power that these trucks (and all other newer trucks) transmission engineers have figured out that keeping the torque convertor locked as much as it can reduces wear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.