2011 F250 vs DEER - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 F250 vs DEER

Nice cool morning drive to work and low and behold, guess who has to go and ruin the day? Yes sir, Mr. Deer please cross the road at the exact moment I am cruising down the road. Saw it coming for about 3-4 seconds before impact. Hit the front fender and commenced to bouncing down the side of the truck. Pulled over and just sat there with the whole "Why me?" look for a few minutes before I called the Highway Patrol. I haven't gone hunting the last couple years due to work but you can guarantee I will be back in a stand this weekend! Payback is coming Deer family!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

That sucks. At least the airbags didnt explode! Yep better unleash WW3 on some deer
Old 09-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That stinks. Hope you have full coverage. I'll be out next week to assist you with your war on deer.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Serving Our Country!

Looks like I will be without a truck for 2 - 3 weeks while it gets fixed. Might as well load up the Toyota Pruis that I am sure the insurance company is going to give me with my rifle and go hunting and get all my frustrations out on the local deer population!
Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Yeah, I have full coverage and luckily my deductible is only 250.00. Got the quote back from the body shop this evening...grand total of 3400.00. That extra 6.00 a month for the lower deductible came at a perfect time
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if it were mine I would let the paintless dent repair guy have a go at it
Old 09-24-2013, 04:40 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
2-3 weeks? That's a long time! You know you can choose what body shop does the repair, right? An insurance adjuster might low ball the shop of choice but with a little communication it can been worth while to get your body shop of choice. I've always down this since I've used to be in the body shop business and know the goods shops in my area. I'd expect to see that truck I and out within 3-4 days. Obviously the truck is still drive able so you can wait until the body shop is ready with all parts needed... But is looks like to me they would just need materials as all those dents are easily fixable.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

I got 6 quotes today and all 6 wanted to replace the outer skins on both doors rather then repair. Said that it met the requirements for replacement. Not into body work so I figured 6 different shops couldn't be that wrong.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

5 out of the 6 said 2 - 3 weeks and only one shop said 4 days. The one that said 4 days didn't seem to be running smooth and the cars I saw didn't look that good. I checked out 3 shops that were recommended by the insurance company and 3 that were recommended by friends.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:41 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Gotcha, at least you did your home work on the body shops. I've seen so many people get ripped off! I'm surprised all 6 wanna do door skins though, only the front fender would be a toss up on to replace or repair. All your body lines are perfect... But if it was my truck, I'd want new door skins cause then you don't have to worry about bondo work failing. But then again a lot of body shops use keystone for ordering body parts and they are aftermarket parts that don't always fit EXACTLY like OEM... I'm picky though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.