Service Departments - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Service Departments

I had my first scheduled maintenance done by yhr the dealer I purchased from, only because I have two years of free maintenance. All I can say is wow, these guys are so careless and stupid. I don't think I'll be returning to any service department for routine maintenance. Is this how they all are? Aside from oil changes, can I just perform them myself to save the potential heart attack? Geez

Also, where are proper jacking points or lifting points? I'd like to compare with what I saw being used.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA USA
Posts: 173
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know what you mean about some service dept's and this is a good place to ask where folks trust the service dept in the area you live. You can perform all necessary service on your truck but you need to save receipts and document dates they are performed. I do all my service and only bring it to the dealer for warranty issues, alignment's ect.

If you read the owners manual you will find most info you need as well as on this forum.

Also the jacking points are listed in the manual. Have fun with your new truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Serving Our Country!
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Richlands NC
Posts: 106
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the same retards at my dealership. Only reason I go back I because I got free oil changes for LIFE!! Anything other than that, No way!! Watched the tech take my tires off for a rotation, lean them against the wall, take a smoke break and then put them back on without rotating one tire. Luckily I marked them before he took it in the bay so proving the incompetence to the service manager only took 30 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There sure seems to be a big shortage of knowledgable diesel mechanics at dealerships these days. My brother in-law filled up my truck with water contaminated fuel, got the water in fuel light and stopped right away to drain the separator. Drove it a couple hours, got the water warning again and towed it to the dealer who I phoned and asked them to drop the tank. The dealer said they checked the fuel in the tank and deemed it ok and replace an injector. The dealer then took it for a "long" test drive and found another injector failing which they replaced. I told them again to drop the take to which they responded that they will check the fuel again. Big surprise the found no water and sent the truck home with my brother in-law who dropped off at my place. The next day I drove it a couple hours and what yah think happened? The water in fuel light came on. Drained some more fuel and drove the five minutes to the dealer who still said the issue is my almost new BPD FICM which needed replacing because it looks like its shorted out. "No it isn't shorted out" I said.... "Drop the friggin tank". Wonder of wonders there's a lot of water in the tank. All the dealer said to me was I was right all along. $5,000 dollars later and I need to find a new dealer.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanbrada View Post
I have the same retards at my dealership. Only reason I go back I because I got free oil changes for LIFE!! Anything other than that, No way!! Watched the tech take my tires off for a rotation, lean them against the wall, take a smoke break and then put them back on without rotating one tire. Luckily I marked them before he took it in the bay so proving the incompetence to the service manager only took 30 seconds.
That's funny you say that...I was watching them today and surprisingly they were rotated, but he just zapped the heck outta the lug nuts and never checked for proper torque. Nonetheless, I can't understand...you rotate the damn tires, but can't take 5 seconds to check air pressure like you're supposed to. Frustrates the heck outta me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 830
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Same here in central Texas. I can find a service dept that has anyone with competence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,706
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
There sure seems to be a big shortage of knowledgable diesel mechanics at dealerships these days. My brother in-law filled up my truck with water contaminated fuel, got the water in fuel light and stopped right away to drain the separator. Drove it a couple hours, got the water warning again and towed it to the dealer who I phoned and asked them to drop the tank. The dealer said they checked the fuel in the tank and deemed it ok and replace an injector. The dealer then took it for a "long" test drive and found another injector failing which they replaced. I told them again to drop the take to which they responded that they will check the fuel again. Big surprise the found no water and sent the truck home with my brother in-law who dropped off at my place. The next day I drove it a couple hours and what yah think happened? The water in fuel light came on. Drained some more fuel and drove the five minutes to the dealer who still said the issue is my almost new BPD FICM which needed replacing because it looks like its shorted out. "No it isn't shorted out" I said.... "Drop the friggin tank". Wonder of wonders there's a lot of water in the tank. All the dealer said to me was I was right all along. $5,000 dollars later and I need to find a new dealer.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Tell me you didn't pay that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:24 AM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Posts: 3,950
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoy View Post
Tell me you didn't pay that?
Well after getting nowhere at the dealer I had my lawyer send them a letter. So I ended up paying for the installation of one injector only and with a note that the company I work for will no longer be using them for servicing the couple hundred vehicles on site. Pays to be drinking buddies with the head of our maintenance department. So the dealer lost out BIG time due to stupidity.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 09-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dalton, Ga.
Posts: 893
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
Well after getting nowhere at the dealer I had my lawyer send them a letter. So I ended up paying for the installation of one injector only and with a note that the company I work for will no longer be using them for servicing the couple hundred vehicles on site. Pays to be drinking buddies with the head of our maintenance department. So the dealer lost out BIG time due to stupidity.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That's awesome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 09-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Came back to bite them in the @$$. That's the norm I'm seeing a lot these days, the dealers not wanting to perform thorough work because they fear they won't get compensation from Ford. All in all ends up being a crappy situation for the consumer, whom shouldn't have to go through leaps and bounds after buying a $60,000 truck, just to get some quality service.

I wrote Ford a nice email about my situation yesterday and the reply I got was this:

"Ford Motor Company is concerned with the satisfaction of Ford and Lincoln owners. Excellent dealer service helps us maintain our customers' good will. When that service affects you, we need to know. Customers such as you give us information that helps keep dealer services at the highest possible level. We are concerned about the unpleasant events you described that tainted your service experience. We believe every customer should be treated courteously, professionally, and with integrity in all instances. We apologize for any treatment that fell short of your expectations.*

*Please bear in mind, Ford and Lincoln dealerships are independently owned and operated, therefore we are unable to intervene in workmanship issues. The issues raised in your message will be best addressed by people in a supervisory role within the dealership.*"

So in other words, nothing will be done since the dealer doesn't give a $hit anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors