Bought My new 6.7 from out of state dealer look out! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bought My new 6.7 from out of state dealer look out!

So I have been looking and waiting for the 6.7 to prove itself a decent engine and finally found a pretty good deal on the one I wanted, it was from a dealer selling on e-bay, all I can say is ask more questions than I did, we made the deal, I bought my plane ticket from florida to texas, after getting a cab to the dealership I was looking over this brand new truck, it looked great but had 2,200 miles on it, then I opened the back door and found a reciever hitch that someone had been using on the truck,WTF! I told the salesman I didn't come here to buy a demo! Who knows what was towed with it or how bad it was beat on, he told me he had no knoledge of the miles, must have been the manager, we finally found the exact same truck on the lott and it only had 900 miles on it, so I took that one, Im I just picky or is this common place in texas? I do love the truck though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ya that would not sit well I would want 5 bucks a mile discount or something that would make Me feel better

you were kinda screwed cause you were booking a flight home if this didn't work out so atleast you found one
Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM

If I was buying a NEW truck I wouldn't want 2,200 or 900 miles on it. It better have a couple hundred miles, max.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:18 PM

Some of the trucks were demo trucks from the rodeo here in Houston. They were cheaper but who knows the abuse they got. Not saying this is necessarily the case for yours. Which dealer and where in TX?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I was not happy at all but after making the trip I didnt want to fly back home, especially since I sold my 7.3 the day before, I guess that is just standard daelership B.S,, they didnt care if I bought a truck or not, nor did they even appologize for misrepresenting the truck, I will go ahead and say it, Colver Ford in Austin is where this happened, they will give you a great price, just make sure you know what you are getting, and actually most of the blame should go to the saleman, he is who I was talking to, and should have checked the truck out before he sold it, I'm done complaining, just wanted everyone to double check before going through what I just did, I almost had it shipped to me, I guess I knew better than that, I had to see it for myself before I layed out 50k
Old 09-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
Some of the trucks were demo trucks from the rodeo here in Houston. They were cheaper but who knows the abuse they got. Not saying this is necessarily the case for yours. Which dealer and where in TX?
That would make sense, they had several there, I only saw the miles on two, the one I originaly bought that had 2,200 then the othe identical truck they had which had 900 miles, and it did have like 30 engine hours, I found that on the drive home, they were 2013 lariat fx4 crew cabs, fully loaded,
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4x4 View Post
If I was buying a NEW truck I wouldn't want 2,200 or 900 miles on it. It better have a couple hundred miles, max.
I agree, my 2012 had 6 miles. 2,200 miles is used by my definition!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Premium Member

sorry to hear about the bad luck with the dealer but on another note how do you like the new truck.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 AM

How about some more details and possibly some Pics of your New truck? BTW, Congrats!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dam that sucks. I would have tried to get one with lower miles on it but as long as you are happy with what you got that is all that matters. Good luck with your new truck and post up some pics of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.