Diesel 101 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Diesel 101

Whatsup fellas! I've been lusting over an F-250 for about three to four years now and I finally was able to get one. Last week I got a '13 F-250 Lariat CCSB. The dealer didn;t have my first choice of color, charcoal, but I got a Blue Denim Metallic with tan leather interior and I couldn't be happier! This is my first diesel and am looking for some basic info, tips from some of you vets. My two roomates also have diesels, so they've been helping out a lot too. First of, what are some of the basic additions or safety mods that I should do? I've searched a bit on here before posting this, so I apologize if this is a common question, but I didnt see any previous posts. Also is there a post with a list of accronyms that people use a lot? Self proclaimed noob here! Thanks in advance and cant wait to start learning about my new truck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You should start off by reading the diesel supplement in your owners manual. Has some useful info in there you will soon need.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Premium Member

I always keep and extra set of fuel filters handy. No necessary safety mods and no other necessary mods to better the truck. Any mods are your personal choice and trust me you will get a lot of input on mods. As you browse this site you will get plenty of mod ideas.

I myself just stick with what makes the trust function in the way I need it to. Rubber bed liner, cab high topper (don't like it but need it). Other than that I'm good for now. I'm not doing any deletes or other performance changes. It has plenty of power and torque stock. If I feel that I need more power and torque I will get a small Freightliner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.