Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

5800 miles and no boost?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  1olddogtwo 
#1 ·
So today I get in my truck after being out and it makes no boost now? It was fine earlier today, guess I'm taking my brand new truck to the dealer already!

#4 ·
I was asking my buddy that's a diesel tech at my local ford dealer and he said if it does it again bring it in but if it's working fine now then it's pointless and he said the turbos on these 6.7s are good and he hasn't seem a problem with them

#5 ·
The 6.7 turbos are a week point on the 2011's and early 2012's. Weird that you tech buddy would say they are good. :dunno:

#7 ·
Middle of 12 and on have a turbo that has been balanced better then the early ones.

#8 ·
I had the same exact thing happen to mine at 4000 miles. I had it towed to the dealer and it was throwing code P132B but never went into limp mode.

They ended up clearing the code and I went on my way. No issues and that was about 2500 miles ago.

Bad Turbo? - This is the thread about it.

#12 ·
I had the same stright pipe on my 011 and 12, its now on my 13 and sounds way different. Less bark and more whistie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.