Leftover 2012s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leftover 2012s

I've been looking for the right F250/F350 for about 6 months now. I've been going back and forth between the 6.7, 6.4, and 6.0. Seems the most reliable with the least problems is the 6.7, but the negative is price.

My question is, what are these dealers going to do with new 2012s they have in stock if they can't sell them? There are 4-5 in my area, which have been sitting on lots since I started looking. I don't want to spend $48,000 on a new truck, and they wouldn't come down any further than that a couple months ago. However, it doesn't seem they're going anywhere. The 2014s have been out a while now. You'd think they'd give them away at this point.

Anyone have insight on this? They are all Lariats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You should be able to talk them down quite a bit if it is a 2012 and still sitting there. I talked them down 14,500 and I bought mine in February.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You'd think so! I'm wondering if they'd take a loss to get rid of the inventory at this point, or if Ford is giving the dealer a break on the truck. But they won't go below $12,000 off! Apparently, they don't mind if it sits on their lot.

Awesome truck, btw!

Last edited by Tsfl89; 09-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone on here have the ability to pull a vehicle's invoice? The real deal invoice that shows dealer hold backs, etc? I ask because I had a guy on a Toyota forum pull one for me on a tundra and it helped BIG TIME to know exactly what the dealer was working with.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:44 PM

Ask the dealer. He might show you. They gave me one when I was buying my truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I see some in my area. Still priced over $50k for a lariat. They also have used '11s and '12's priced in the mid $40's.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Reliability is the key word. As long as you can keep water out of the 6.7 they tend to be almost as reliable as the old 7.3L. I think they had some turbo issues with them but not sure if this has been addressed yet. But it only seemed to affect a very small number of trucks.

The 6.4 is more reliable than the 6.0 and becomes a pure beast when you mod it. Plenty of aftermarket parts are available and the most of the weak points are pretty well known at this point. Still for what you will pay for a late 6.4 Lariat you might not come out ahead if something goes wrong.

The 6.0 has many issues. Most can be addressed if you are willing to spend 5 to 7 grand. You can get these trucks a dime a dozen in some parts now because of the bad reputation. Honestly the general consensus on this site seems to be that the unreliable reputation for the 6.0 is overblown. The failure rate on these motors are higher but there are still many factory and modded 6.0 liters out there that are now well into 200k, 300k, and some even into the 400k mile range with no issues. Its pretty much luck of the draw and how well the truck was maintained. For the money you would save by buying one of these trucks you could have the motor pulled and rebuilt and still be ahead of the game money wise or just simply bullet proof with add-ons and hope for the best.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsfl89 View Post
Anyone on here have the ability to pull a vehicle's invoice? The real deal invoice that shows dealer hold backs, etc? I ask because I had a guy on a Toyota forum pull one for me on a tundra and it helped BIG TIME to know exactly what the dealer was working with.
If anyone can do this, I'd be interested as well. Been looking at new trucks recently and some dealers give me BS invoice numbers.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The problem on getting them to come down is the amount of used 2012's out there dealers are asking $50k on. Hopefully people aren't paying it but it gives the dealer ammo to keep his price up there. This is the case in my area of the world anyway.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I picked up my 2012 new in March of this year. It's an XLT and I was able to get about $10,500 off sticker. A buddy of mine bought a fully optioned Lariat a month before me from the same dealer but I think he got a little more off. So ya the higher the package and options the more they should be able to come off for you. Good luck in your search!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.