Shuttering, woofing sound - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 06:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Shuttering, woofing sound

My '13 F350 has 400 miles and is making a shuttering and woofing sound from under the hood when I crest a hill with a light throttle and rpm around 1000. It last only a couple of seconds. Is this a normal sound for the 6.7 or is it something that is easily corrected by the dealership? I'm really frustrated. Other than this Inlove he truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Premium Member

Mine is terrible around the 900-1000 RPM range too. Feels like it defuels and has a major hesitation. I had the TSB reflash done and it still feels the same. I love my truck but this issue annoys me too.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 PM

I'll give the dealership a couple of opportunities to fix it and if they can't then I'll part ways with it. I don't need the headache of an unreliable truck, especially a $55K one with only 400 miles. I've already gotten a good dose of buyer's remorse. I have several friends with these 6.7s. About half love them and the other half have loads of problems both small and large. I was hoping I'd fall in the 50% that had no issues. I should have known better. I'm supposed to hear from the dealership tomorrow. Have you taken yours to the shop for attempts to fix this issue?
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to read of your issues. I haven't spoken with anyone with issues with theirs other than a sensor issue or something dumb like that. I see issues on the internet...but the people I know have had great luck with them.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINEY View Post
Mine is terrible around the 900-1000 RPM range too. Feels like it defuels and has a major hesitation. I had the TSB reflash done and it still feels the same. I love my truck but this issue annoys me too.
This is a common and known issue with the 6.7. You will see a few different post about the issue. Seems that most have been fixed with the reflash
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 PM

Has the actual cause of this issue been identified? Is it a defective emissions part or a computer related, tune issue? Or turbo issue?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmileage View Post
Has the actual cause of this issue been identified? Is it a defective emissions part or a computer related, tune issue? Or turbo issue?
Here's what the repair order states from the last visit to the Ford Dealer

Ran on Oasis. Installed Latest Calibration Per TSB 13-04-03 Verified Repair CC04

Hope this helps
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 AM

The reflash did help mine but I have heard of some folks here the problem still exists afterwards. This is weird to say the least.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:12 PM

I picked up my truck from the dealership this afternoon. They told me that they test drove it and ran a diagnostic on it and everything checked out ok. The customer rep said the mechanic told him that he'd heard of this issue on some 6.7s. I live 5 miles from the shop. The truck made the sound and had the issue 3 times on the way home. I called the service dept and told them about it and asked them to note it on the report. Im gonna try to video it in the act with my iphone. It's getting worse, just started doing it after 300 miles, now has 400 miles. I'll probably let it go. I can't tolerate this issue on a new $55 truck. It's too bad Ford can't resolve these issues. Mine is obviously not an isolated incident. I have researched it and they've had this problem since the introduction of this engine.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:04 PM

where do you live? by that I am referring to altitude. The 6.7L Fords are known to have altitude sickness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.