Ford IDS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ford IDS

Looking for additional information. I have been looking at what parameters the ford ids system could change. I just had my 2012 F350 in the shop for a transmission pan gasket leak. While there I spoke to the service manager and was able to get them to hook up the IDS to enable the police mode. I had googled this info and was able to provide them with the information to do this.
They were not sure if it would work on the 350 platform.
This did work except that with the truck running the dash cluster lights still remain on, even while parked. I would still like to find a way to turn these off.

They were able to disable the seatbelt chime and the annoying ford promotional video that comes on when you start up the truck.

There was another option for speed control which I have not been able to confirm exactly what it does. I was hoping it removed the speed limiter, but I have not had the opportunity to verify this. The other thought was that it turned off the cruise control function which was discussed on another forum. I tested my cruise control and it still works

Has anyone else had any luck at turning off the dash cluster lights and or information on the speed control option while hooked up to the ford IDS system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I was able to to test this out and it still tops out at 96mph. Any other suggestions to what the speed control setting is using the IDS system
Old 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM

What does this do for you exactly?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Supra,

That is what I am trying to find out. Both the tech and I thought that it was the top speed limiter, but still tops out at 96. Another suggestion was that it had something to do with the cruise control, but there is no change in that either.

The other thing I am trying to do is to turn the dash lights completely. I thought this would be taken care off in the police mode ,but it was not.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What is police mode?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Wreed

It keeps the exterior and interior lighting from coming on when the doors are opened.

I was hoping that it would allow the dash lights to be completely turned off, but it did not. Still trying to research how to do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.