Wheel choice debate - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wheel choice debate

Ok, so I am beginning to order stuff for my truck and I am stuck on what wheels to get.

I am deciding between the Fuel Mavericks (black and chrome) in a 22 inch or the American Force Independence (polished) in a 22 inch.

What do you guys think?

As for other stuff ordered, I am doing a 6" TGC Lift w/ ladder bars, dual steering stab, & black ops shocks. (i have a buddy that works there that is hooking me up, plus I love their stuff) I am also doing 37" Toyo M/T, & AMP steps. I am also going to get a LED light bar of some sort & size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Take the time and post some pics of the two wheels. Until then, the AFI's have a cooler name so go that route.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:25 PM

AF Independence IMO but thats just me, to many black wheels out there and the polished AF looks kick ***!

I just purchased 22x12 AF Hero's (polished) for my build, almost picked the independence but went for the machined grooved spoke (only difference between the two). My lift will be an Icon/OUO 7" system, I am going with OUO adjustable ALA's in front and OUO traction blocks for the rear lift. Icon 2.5 smooth body shocks and dual stabilizer with Icon 2.0 shocks for it.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:04 AM

Ok here are the two choices:

American Force Independence:

Fuel Maverick:
Old 08-07-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevn View Post
AF Independence IMO but thats just me, to many black wheels out there and the polished AF looks kick ***!

I just purchased 22x12 AF Hero's (polished) for my build, almost picked the independence but went for the machined grooved spoke (only difference between the two). My lift will be an Icon/OUO 7" system, I am going with OUO adjustable ALA's in front and OUO traction blocks for the rear lift. Icon 2.5 smooth body shocks and dual stabilizer with Icon 2.0 shocks for it.
Hirevn,

Cant wait to see yours finished! When you doing it? I am leaning more towards the American Force ones. I like the Icon system. Had one on my last truck. I am going with the TGC (Top Gun Customz) lift this time. Doing all their options for the 6 inch.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I like the polished. It won't look like everyone else's and you don't see af rims anywhere. Plus they will go great with the black and chrome look. That's classy looking for sure!
Old 08-07-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevn View Post
You sir have great taste. I actually priced that exact same tire/wheel setup earlier this week for my rig and am hoping to have it installed by the end of next month. I liked the grooved spokes as a nice contrast to the flat spokes as well. I will be running the Icon 7" but with the normal arms and 6" non traction block rear with the 2.5" shocks.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

My wheels came in chrome and I had them powder coated in translucent black = black chrome. I think they look great.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWOFF View Post
Hirevn,

Cant wait to see yours finished! When you doing it? I am leaning more towards the American Force ones. I like the Icon system. Had one on my last truck. I am going with the TGC (Top Gun Customz) lift this time. Doing all their options for the 6 inch.
Hoping to have everything here by around August 20th or so and have it done prior to labor day weekend. I live in Alaska so the tire and wheels will be mounted and balanced at the vendors in Texas and shipped up on a pallet. Also still waiting for the OUO and Icon stuff to start shipping. The lift parts are suppose to drop ship to me directly from Icon and OUO.

Those Fuel wheels are also very nice and were on my short list while making my choice, I'm not sure if there quality is the same as the AF wheels or not but they look damn good too. I ultimately went with the AF's after finding out it only takes them a few days to build the wheel after there ordered, not much waiting on a build to order custom wheel.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis2011KR View Post
You sir have great taste. I actually priced that exact same tire/wheel setup earlier this week for my rig and am hoping to have it installed by the end of next month. I liked the grooved spokes as a nice contrast to the flat spokes as well. I will be running the Icon 7" but with the normal arms and 6" non traction block rear with the 2.5" shocks.
Thank you,

I am excited to get my parts and start the install. I just ordered the Ford Superduty specific pitman arm puller and the giant 1"13/16th socket to tackle the dropped pitman arm part of the install so i think i am ready!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.