DPF delete / EGR delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DPF delete / EGR delete

I just purchased a 2013 F-250 with the 6.7. Now this is the first new diesel vehicle I have owned with the emissions standards. I can purchase a DPF delete, EGR delete and a tuner with the delete program for the 2013. I have heard different stories about once the DPF is deleted and the tuner is installed, it will cause the turbo to be overworked and fail.

My goal is to keep this vehicle as close to stock as possible with the emissions deleted, find out if installing the EGR delete is worth it, not really sure on the new engines, if this is necessary (any help would be appreciated). I understand if the engine is tuned to +150 from the tuner, that the turbo is not designed from the factory to handle that boost of power for a long period of time. Would anyone spend the money to install the DPF delete with tuner but keep it on stock, just to get a good exhaust sound and possible an increase in fuel milage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would. I think you still need a tune to fool the truck into thinking the DPF is still there. I think some sell tunes just for delete but keep stock power. I'm not sure which way to go with the EGR. Not sure these are causing near the problems like in the older trucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-05-2013, 02:58 AM

Welcome!!! you can just shut off the EGR with a tuner, leaving It closer to stock. as far as the turbo, they were getting cooked at 25 to 35 psi. If you keep your defuel set at 25 psi you sshould be OK.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter4 View Post
I would. I think you still need a tune to fool the truck into thinking the DPF is still there. I think some sell tunes just for delete but keep stock power. I'm not sure which way to go with the EGR. Not sure these are causing near the problems like in the older trucks.

Yep I still need one to trick the ECM but the only way to get one is with a tuner that is specific to my truck VIN, due to the emission regs from 2013 and on. Looking at 1200 for the tuner. Powerlabs is offering a kit which includes the tuner, dpf delete (complete 4" exhaust), egr delete and air intake/filter for $1900. According to the tuner there is a stock setting up to extreme (+150) hp. So hopefully I can use stock and not have problems

Old 08-05-2013, 06:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
Welcome!!! you can just shut off the EGR with a tuner, leaving It closer to stock. as far as the turbo, they were getting cooked at 25 to 35 psi. If you keep your defuel set at 25 psi you sshould be OK.
That is what I'm curious about. What is the purpose of installing the EGR delete if you can just turn it off lol. I guess for looks. Sure would make it easer for warranty. And on the turbo how does the de-fuel work. Like I said I'm not familiar to these new diesels lol. And it's weird that the guage on the dash goes to 40psi??? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_hog81 View Post
That is what I'm curious about. What is the purpose of installing the EGR delete if you can just turn it off lol. I guess for looks. Sure would make it easer for warranty. And on the turbo how does the de-fuel work. Like I said I'm not familiar to these new diesels lol. And it's weird that the guage on the dash goes to 40psi??? Thanks in advance!

I am only familiar with h&s tuners (mini maxx). With the mini maxx, you set parameters on the tuner to prevent damage to your truck. Such as EGT, PSI, ect... anyways the tuner shuts the fuel off for a bit when you hit the limit of any of the parameters you set.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:16 PM

Oh and PSI gauge going to 40 is just like the speedo in a 93 focus going to 180 MPH. Its just for looks.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:41 PM

I do a lot of driving for work and run my tuner on the stock setting 95% of the time. I don't miss buying DEF.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
I am only familiar with h&s tuners (mini maxx). With the mini maxx, you set parameters on the tuner to prevent damage to your truck. Such as EGT, PSI, ect... anyways the tuner shuts the fuel off for a bit when you hit the limit of any of the parameters you set.
Good deal. I appreciate it. Any help on the EGR delete, if its worth the hassle to remove and install the block off plates or just delete it from the tuner. Is it really just cosmetic to remove?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfrog View Post
I do a lot of driving for work and run my tuner on the stock setting 95% of the time. I don't miss buying DEF.
What have you noticed in fuel mileage before and after? So no problems...how many miles have you acquired since the delete?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.