Why should I buy a 6.7 over a DMax - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why should I buy a 6.7 over a DMax

I have had a few power strokes. 6.0 and 6.4. Nothing but issues.....
Neither truck made it past 40k miles....
I'm in the process of buyin a new truck and I'm torn between a 13 f250 or a 13 DMax...

Why should I pull the trigger on the ford over a GM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2013, 07:29 AM

Go drive one with 50k miles on it. I had my share of issues with my 6.4 and regardless of that, after driving my buddies Dmax last week with 50k on it, I'm very glad I bought a new 6.7!
Old 08-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Why 50k? It would take me a few years to put that mileage on one. I normally only drive about 8k a year. Truck wont be a daily driver. More of a toy/weekend truck.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I jumped ship back in 2007 from gmc and bought my first Ford. Never looked back. Tons of issues with my previous gm trucks both gas and diesel lead me to try something else.

I have been extremely pleased with all my Ford trucks.

I am sure similar issues you've had with Ford I've had with gm. It just depends on your luck.

I would give Ford another shot as I know you will hate the lack of space in the gm truck, the ifs suspension when doing anything, the uncomfortable seats, lack of a real AC system, and the butt ugly exterior of the gm.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Premium Member

I wrote service 3 years ago at a Chevy dealership for a year. Nothing but blown head gaskets. Great for me=$$$ but if your the owner of said vehicle...
Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB KoncepZ View Post
I have had a few power strokes. 6.0 and 6.4. Nothing but issues.....
Neither truck made it past 40k miles....
I'm in the process of buyin a new truck and I'm torn between a 13 f250 or a 13 DMax...

Why should I pull the trigger on the ford over a GM?
Drive both an you decide since your going to be making the payments! I have had all three and none are perfect. The Ford's just seem to be built better and more comfortable with the most standard options. Good Luck.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:37 AM

60,000 miles on mine, tuned for a little over 14,000 miles. Only problems have been a power steering hose at about 55,000 and pump (I ran it dry a few times before I got the hose fixed) at about 57,000 miles and I even have an earlier build 2011, build date is August 11th, 2010. A friend of mine in town is a GM guy, he bought two GMC Duramax's brand new in June last year. One is his personal 2012 Denali Dually, and the other was just a srw 3500 for a work truck (hes owns a construction company). His personal truck hasn't had a single problem while his work truck was traded in for a new one back in January because it had nothing but problems.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Head gaskets and seals have been a problem on both of my powerstrokes.... One stock and one tuned. Never any major DMax issues...
Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I think it comes down to personal preference. There are horror stories on all sides. My buddy swears by the 5.9L Cummins and he has had nothing but trouble with his 07. Other guys with 06 07 5.9s have never had any trouble. I think all three companies make a quality product and I bet 95% of people never have trouble with any of them. You only hear the worst of the worst from people whose problems are bad enough to write about on the forums.

I've always been a Ford guy and I just really like their trucks over the Dodge and Chevy. I felt like that when I bought my 7.3L in 2002 and still feel that way today. That's why I pulled the trigger on a 6.7L.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:28 AM

Ford fixed the head gasket problems for the 6.7 Powerstroke by taking a page out of GMs book and using 6 bolts per cylinder rather than 4 per cylinder used in previous Powerstrokes. And as stated before all brands have problems, they just have problems in different areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.