2013 f350 leveling kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 f350 leveling kit

I'm in the market for a leveling kit. I'm not sure what route I wanna go, carli, icon, or just get the spacer, track bar and some bilstien 5100 shocks and call it good. What does everyone else recommend who has a leveling kit. I know I have read on the forums that people are happy either way. Just trying to get a lil more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

People who buy spacers usually haven't experienced a true suspension leveling kit like Carli and icon.

So IMO don't go cheap! Carli or icon for sure!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:44 PM

Just installed the carli 2.5" starter kit. I really like it, but havent put many miles on it. Thanks 8lugtruckgear and powerstorke members for all the input. Please don't use spacers
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 AM

Readylift makes a nice setup for the F350. That's what I have on my truck.

ok big laing, why haven't I experienced a true suspension leveling kit? I wouldn't ever spend that kind of money for a kit from carli or icrap. So explain.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:23 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its all about ride quality and long term usage. Cheap kits work for awhile but since they don't address issues from the lift they will start having issues.

Incorrect ways of addressing issues will also have negative impacks.

Lifting these trucks requires a way of recentering the axle, correct way for up to 3" is a adj track bar.

Using spacers under the track bar bracket IMO is insane and using a drop down track bar bracket without a equal droped pitman arm will get you bump steer.

Castor is lost so either radius arm lowering brackets or castor shims are needed.

Using shock extensions in lieu of longer shocks IMO is throwing away $ as stock shocks are crap and you don't gain additional travel that longer shocks will get you.

Icon and Pure performance also have 4 link arm's that allow better ride quality and additional castor that's needed.

Last edited by CT Performance, Inc.; 08-01-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Readylift makes a nice setup for the F350. That's what I have on my truck.

ok big laing, why haven't I experienced a true suspension leveling kit? I wouldn't ever spend that kind of money for a kit from carli or icrap. So explain.
No need for me to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Its all about ride quality and long term usage. Cheap kits work for awhile but since they don't address issues from the lift they will start having issues.

Lifting these trucks requires a way of recentering the axle, correct way for up to 3" is a adj track bar.

Using spacers under the track bar bracket IMO is insane and using a drop down track bar bracket without a equal droped pitman arm will get you bump steer.

Cartor is lost so either radius arm lowering brackets or castor shims are needed.

Using shock extensions in lieu of longer shocks IMO is throwing away $ as stock shocks are crap and you don't gain additional travel that longer shocks will get you.

Icon and Pure performance also have 4 link arm's that allow better ride quality and additional castor that's needed.
Cary already has ^^^ explained perfectly.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:36 PM

Aww, another heated debate about full spring kits or blocks. I think it boils down to how much u are willing to spend.
The full spring kits are very nice. Pricey, but nice. I have set up both styles of lifts, and presently own both styles on different trucks. I have no problem with using a modest spring block; I actually prefer 2" over the 2.5", but as Cary mentioned, there are other things to address.
Firstly, I would definitely use the caster bushings to restore the positive caster. Drop radius arm brackets have the same end result, but I'm not a fan if them hanging down farther from the frame, and losing ur break-over angle ground clearance.
Secondly, centering the axle can be obtained by using the adjustable track bar or drop bracket. The adjustable track bar will allow u to dial it in a bit better, but the drop bracket works well too.
Thirdly, I'd rather just buy new/longer shocks, than using the extensions, but that is an easy change, and can be upgraded later.

As for the rear, I prefer running more leafs than taller blocks, but as long as u don't go over the 4" (3.75") blocks that ford uses in the F350s, I think you're fine. Anything larger, I'd recommend traction bars. Larger blocks will allow more axle wrap, and this is hard on springs, u-joints, etc. I personally run the OEM F350 blocks, and I'm perfectly happy with them.

This is my opinion, based on experience in setting up suspension lifts for years. If I sold high-end kits, then my opinion may be a little more biased.
Do I think u can achieve a very functional lift for less money? Absolutely.

Last edited by broncojason; 07-31-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Fixed typos.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM

I ran a coil spacer and leaf block kit for literally 3 months before I decided I wanted a real lift with replacement springs all around, which improved ride/handling and articulation which are functional benefits of the lift, rather than just the tire fitment and looks that you get from a spacer kit. So I spent even more time and money redoing it after a short time when I should have went for the full kit in the first place.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post

Cartor is lost so either radius arm lowering brackets or castor shims are needed.

So when should I expect these issues to arise?

I personally have not put enough miles on a truck for find out yet but planned on keeping my '12 for a while. My last truck had a readylift kit installed at 500 miles and I kept that truck until it had 27k miles on it, towed heavy, long highway trips, off-road, etc and never had any issues. I do the same with my F350 which was leveled at 100 miles. So when do I need to be concerned?

I have the readylift 2.5" kit with track bar bracket and am running Fox shocks.

Also why would Ford suggest installing the readylift kit instead of the others mentioned and why would they mention that installing anything other than the spacer kit could void the suspension/drivetrain warranty? Just curious?
Old 08-01-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Also why would Ford suggest installing the readylift kit instead of the others mentioned and why would they mention that installing anything other than the spacer kit could void the suspension/drivetrain warranty? Just curious?
Well I'm pretty sure I voided my warranty when I ground off the radius arm brackets with a zipdisc (well, burnt through several) to put in my full lift.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.