Tired of coal rollers!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
General 6.7 Discussion General 6.7 Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tired of coal rollers!!

Ok, I get it. It's a diesel thing. Why do I need every chuckle head with a tuned diesel to smoke me out? Seriously. Every time I run across some kid in a Dodge they feel the need to cloud the whole intersection with black smoke. I'm straight stock!! I'm no threat to their. Manhood and I'm not racing. There's also a jackwagon with a 6.4 Ford that apparently gets off work the same time as me and had a similar route home. He's a constant pain in the butt with his black smoke. Is this my life now? How do you deal with the pests that harass you like that, what is the significance of rolling coal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Douchebags
Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I can roll my fair share, granted I am a tuned 6.0 not a 6.7, but I would rather run clean. Smoke is wasted power.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:59 PM

I return the favour. Us 20 year olds love to bask in each others' smoke clouds and if you get it, you get it, otherwise you just shake your head. That's fine. I live in a town with lots of younger guys (and gals) with big trucks and it's just what people do. I'm just happy to participate.

There is no written "rule" but generally accepted that smoking out a car is to disapprove of what they're driving (eg. a Prius) but smoking out another truck is just a way to say 'hey man I appreciate that you also drive a Diesel engined truck and I like what you've done to your truck' and usually I get it back in return. Especially with the current generation Diesels you WOULD have had to do modifications to be able to roll coal. I realize that people may misinterpret this but it's never done in a threatening way at least I have never intended it as such.

I don't do it all the time since yeah it's unburnt fuel ($$) going up in smoke, but usually if me and my best friends are all rolling together I'll crank up the low boost fueling on the tuner for best effect. Depends on if I'm needing to get from point A to B with cargo or just cruising around town or back roads or whatever ends up happening. Herd mentality or whatever you want to call it.

Maybe later on I'll be that old guy who looks at that and goes 'damn kids these days' but hey then again maybe not.

It's just like stoplight racing (up to the posted speed limit) or any other driving behaviour that can be frowned upon. You don't have to participate.

I get a lot of Ram owners that like to play with me and depends on what I feel, sometimes I might just ignore them and pull over into the slow lane and that's fine. Sometimes we'll follow each other to a parking lot and we'll talk about our trucks and the mods we've done for hours on end - just meeting total strangers that way. It's a Diesel truck owner thing just like there are things Jeep owners do... just a car culture. Not sure what it's like where you are but I sure enjoy it where I come from.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

I understand showing off, but a lot of the rolling coal has been reported over and over causing many states to start 'SMOGing" diesel trucks in their state. Additionally, the EPA and CARB have already started fining or telling tuning companies for selling tuning products that support DPF deleting.

I've never understood smoking out someone else to disapprove of what they drive. I may not ever drive a Prius, but what does it matter to me if someone else does.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENT310 View Post
I return the favour. Us 20 year olds love to bask in each others' smoke clouds and if you get it, you get it, otherwise you just shake your head. That's fine. I live in a town with lots of younger guys (and gals) with big trucks and it's just what people do. I'm just happy to participate.

There is no written "rule" but generally accepted that smoking out a car is to disapprove of what they're driving (eg. a Prius) but smoking out another truck is just a way to say 'hey man I appreciate that you also drive a Diesel engined truck and I like what you've done to your truck' and usually I get it back in return. Especially with the current generation Diesels you WOULD have had to do modifications to be able to roll coal. I realize that people may misinterpret this but it's never done in a threatening way at least I have never intended it as such.

I don't do it all the time since yeah it's unburnt fuel ($$) going up in smoke, but usually if me and my best friends are all rolling together I'll crank up the low boost fueling on the tuner for best effect. Depends on if I'm needing to get from point A to B with cargo or just cruising around town or back roads or whatever ends up happening. Herd mentality or whatever you want to call it.

Maybe later on I'll be that old guy who looks at that and goes 'damn kids these days' but hey then again maybe not.

It's just like stoplight racing (up to the posted speed limit) or any other driving behaviour that can be frowned upon. You don't have to participate.

I get a lot of Ram owners that like to play with me and depends on what I feel, sometimes I might just ignore them and pull over into the slow lane and that's fine. Sometimes we'll follow each other to a parking lot and we'll talk about our trucks and the mods we've done for hours on end - just meeting total strangers that way. It's a Diesel truck owner thing just like there are things Jeep owners do... just a car culture. Not sure what it's like where you are but I sure enjoy it where I come from.
That ^^^ may be the douchiest post I have ever seen. Rolling coal is and it's douchbags like you that caused the EPA to crack down on us.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:36 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
That ^^^ may be the douchiest post I have ever seen. Rolling coal is and it's douchbags like you that caused the EPA to crack down on us.
^^^^^
Old 07-29-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENT310 View Post

Trent...get ready to get bashed like no other for your attempt to validate the reason you smoke out others on the road.

I understand showing off as well but you can't deny the fact that the EPA is watching the diesel tuner market due to people "rollin'
coal".

The general public has the view that black coal rolling out of a diesel truck is making their sky less clear and ruining their future due to the messages they heard and were forever influenced by as they grew up. We might know that a gasser does way more harm but that doesn't matter because diesel owners aren't the majority of the voting public. We all have to be careful of the image we put off to those that don't, and might never, understand.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Old 07-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It does get old real fast. I wont be the liar and say i never have blew some smoke but i cant say ive ever rolled coal. I cant stand when another modded diesel comes up next to me when im in my SD and he thinks "well obviously this guy must like rolling coal" and then proceeds to smoke out everything. Its just annoying. I usually just ignore them completely windows rolled up or music up enough i cant hear their dumba$$ comments
Old 07-29-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
It does get old real fast. I wont be the liar and say i never have blew some smoke but i cant say ive ever rolled coal. I cant stand when another modded diesel comes up next to me when im in my SD and he thinks "well obviously this guy must like rolling coal" and then proceeds to smoke out everything. Its just annoying. I usually just ignore them completely windows rolled up or music up enough i cant hear their dumba$$ comments
:thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.